POSITION POSTING # L21-42
POSITION: Registered Nurse- Multi-Unit, Home Base Obstetrical Unit
UNIT: OBS and Medical Surgical
START DATE: June 2, 2021
The Obstetrical Registered Nurse provides care for expectant women to ensure both the mother’s and baby’s health. The Obstetrical Nurse is an experienced registered nurse who helps women through labour, provides initial care to newborns, and offers postpartum education. The Obstetrical Registered Nurse collaborates with an interdisciplinary team and provides support to other clinical areas within the hospital.
This position requires Obstetrical Nursing experience.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Diploma/Degree from a recognized College/University
- Fetal Health Surveillance
- Maternal Child Course
- NRP Certification
- Level 1 & 2 Breast Feeding Course
- Two years’ experience in a maternal newborn
- BCLS, and ACLS Certification
- PALS/ENCP Certification
- Basic Cardiac Arrhythmias Certification, Defibrillation Certification
- 15 Lead ECG Interpretation Certification
- ACORN and STABLE
- Working knowledge of Cerner software computer applications information system and related peripheral hardware preferred
- High degree of physical effort
- High degree of mental effort and analysis
POSITION-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITES AND TASKS:
- Ability to organize, problem solve, critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrated application of role in Code situation (ex. Code Blue).
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians, staff and community partners.
- Observing and recording patient behavior. Evaluates patient outcomes.
- Competent operation of medical equipment.
- Performing diagnostic tests within scope of practice
- Safely Administering medications and treatments.
HOURS OF WORK: Ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays