- Humber River Hospital
- Toronto, ON
- Hiring Salary Range: $85,928 – $91,295
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Critical / Urgent Care
Join our Professional Practice team as a Clinical Practice Leader and provide leadership in clinical and professional practice, education and research. Work collaboratively with other Clinical Practice Leaders to deliver innovative and compassionate healthcare in our community.
At Humber River Hospital we continue to advance the important role we play as we advocate for healthcare initiatives in the diverse community we serve. The Clinical Practice Leader Critical Care is at the forefront as they optimize the use of real time data, predictive analytics and professional expertise to continuously improve quality and safety in the area of patient care delivery. Through their ability to lead, consult and advise health professionals in accordance with legal, regulatory, professional standards, policies and practice guidelines with a primary focus on achieving excellence in patient care by being a high reliability hospital.
The Clinical Practice Leader Critical Care (Full Time) is accountable for assessing staff competency in the context of performance management in collaboration with the clinical management team.
Are you a passionate advancing the goals and objectives of the hospital by serving as a change agent, expert clinician and collaborator and achieving consistently high-quality, safe patient care as Clinical Practice Leader? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Hiring Salary Range: $85,928 – $91,295
Reporting Relationship: Program Director, Critical Care, Cardiology, Oncology & Respiratory Services and Senior Director, Professional Practice
Area of Focus: Critical Care Unit
- Consultation with the Program Director, Manager and staff regarding program needs
- Modelling excellence in clinical practice and professional development
- Promoting the development of interdisciplinary teams
- Designing learning needs assessments and developing educational programs to support these needs
- Conducting orientation and education for the Critical Care Area
- Developing continuous educations programs to keep staff updated with new practices, skills and certifications
- Facilitating development of interdisciplinary standard of care
- Advocate for use of best practices for clinical staff in the Critical Care Inpatient environment
- Ongoing translation of evidence-based knowledge, pertaining to Critical Care nursing, and subsequent application to clinical practice
- Providing leadership to the Critical Care Response Team (i.e. program planning, CCIS Data Collection) for 1 day week
- Develop reports of staff disciplinary actions for submission to regulatory health professional colleges and professional associations in collaboration with Manager and Director
- Collect data on practice needs (e.g. programs, care interventions, policies, standards in clinical area) to identify gaps in nursing practices, competencies, and service quality; develop educational strategies, plans, and content (e.g. policies, processes, technologies) in consultation with unit leadership team and clinical staff; and evaluate post-training outcomes
- Assess quality of care from patients and the healthcare team; develop, implement, and monitor performance benchmarks; compare and analyze data against other facility practices.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or MSc in Nursing
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- A minimum of (5) five years of recent relevant nursing experience in Critical Care
- Experience in a Critical Care Response Team an asset
- Completion of Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN) certification required
- Membership with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications
- Demonstrated experience in Adult education to design, deliver and evaluate educational programs
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with physicians, inter-professional team members, and other stakeholders
- Possesses highly developed analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, with demonstrated competency in information and communication technology
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and coordination skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing workload demands
- Demonstrates an ability to provide leadership, support and critical analysis in stressful, complex clinical and emotional situations
- Embraces a philosophy of patient and family centered care.
- Demonstrates leadership in clinical excellence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High level of initiative and self-direction.
- Excellent attendance and a discipline free record is required
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The District Municipality of Muskoka
Registered Nurses (Obstetrics, Operating Room, Ac…
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Director, Integrated Health Systems and Partnersh…
Spectrum Health Care