- Casey House - 360360
- 119 Isabella Street, Toronto
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- General Nursing, Mental Health / Psychiatric / Addiction care, Primary Care
- Permanent, Full-time
Founded in 1988, Casey House is a sub-acute specialty hospital providing a continuum of care in a comfortable environment for adults living with HIV/AIDS, through a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient and community care services. Casey House is committed to providing compassionate care by an extensive inter-professional team. If you have a passion and interest in joining an organization focused on supporting people with complex medical and psychosocial needs, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients!
Position: Registered Nurse
Reports to: Clinical Leader, Inpatient unit
Status: Full-time, Permanent (OPSEU bargaining unit)
Hours of work: 12 hours shifts within a 24-hour staffed hospital environment (days, evenings and overnight shifts are required)
We are presently recruiting full-time Registered Nurses to support our inpatient unit.
Registered Nurses are key members of the inter-professional inpatient team and accountable for direct client care. A Casey House nurse on the inpatient unit requires a unique blend of skills and abilities that meet the diverse needs of our clinically complex, vulnerable and often marginalized client population. Complex medical issues include opportunistic infections, early aging, oncologic and cardiovascular health concerns often coupled with psychiatric and substance use challenges. They are a skilled practitioner with the capacity to build therapeutic relationships who delivers strong primary and palliative nursing skills to optimize client outcomes.
- Direct, comprehensive client care activities including but not limited to palliative care, wound care, phlebotomy, management of central venous lines, post-surgical/radiation/chemotherapy care, supportive care, palliative care, rehabilitative activities, harm reduction and mental health interventions, and client education.
- Ensuring standards of client care are maintained through evidence informed practice and participation in continuous quality improvement
- Working within an inter-professional team, with meaningful participation in inter-disciplinary team rounds and meetings.
- Alignment to working from a harm reduction, anti-oppressive, social justice and trauma-informed framework.
- Active participation in and contribution to the development of Casey House programs, departments, and services, including monitoring and evaluation of services provided.
- Continuous pursuit of ongoing professional development activities including but not limited to seminars, workshops, internal/external education programs/groups/series and professional affiliations.
- Strong nursing assessment skills.
- Current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Alignment to values, strategic directions and mission of Casey House and able to practice care within these parameters.
- A minimum of one year of general nursing experience preferred in primary care and/or long-term care.
- HIV/AIDS and/or palliative care experience preferred.
- Good understanding of the principles of client-centred care (e.g. autonomy, self- determination etc.)
- Highly developed conflict resolution, critical thinking, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & demonstrated capacity to work within a well-defined inter-professional team.
- Membership in RNAO, CANAC and/or ANAC an asset.
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodation in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
This posting will close at 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 23, 2021.
More search results
Registered Practical Nurse
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre
The District Municipality of Muskoka
Registered Nurses (Obstetrics, Operating Room, Ac…
Headwaters Health Care Centre
Director, Integrated Health Systems and Partnersh…
Spectrum Health Care