Position: Public Health Nurses
Terms: Full time 35 hours per week; Contract to July 31, 2022
4 positions available,
2020-35-3 Fort Frances
Red Lake 2020-34-5
Sioux Lookout 2020-39-4
Working in multiple Public Health programs that protect and promote health. As a local and regional team member, contributing to the successful implementation of NWHU’s strategic plan. Working within a team to provide services and collaborating with community members and within community partners for planning, implementing, and evaluating Public Health programs.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario,
in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
• Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to
work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Knowledge of, and/or experience with, principles of adult and
child education, social determinants of health, and
population health promotion an asset
• Certification in Infection Control would be an asset
Salary: $34.58 - $47.69 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check prior to start of work.