1 Permanent Full-Time
At CMHA, our vision is to have mentally healthy people in a healthy society. As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA Lambton Kent provides services and facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health. Our efforts promote community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
This position is responsible for providing clinical supervision, leadership, and direction to nurses working in the Long Acting Injection (LAI) clinics together with other assigned programs in the organization. Secondly, the position is responsible for facilitating the efficient day to day operation of assigned teams and performs the normal duties associated with the team as necessary.
Reporting to the VP of Community Services and Organizational Effectiveness, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Manages direct reports including but not limited to: delegation of work, day to day supervision, coaching, modelling, providing feedback to maximize quality service to clients, identifying training requirements, conducting performance appraisals, etc.;
- Provides clinical leadership and direction to staff to meet agency standards;
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of employees and provides orientation and ongoing training for the team;
- Reviews interventions and documentation to ensure client goals are being identified and met according to agency policies and are completed in a timely manner;
- Assists employees in resolving performance problems, including developing improvement plans with clear objectives and time lines;
- Organizes and facilitating regularly scheduled Team/clinical support meetings;
- Serving as a staff resource on various internal and external committees and task forces;
- Demonstrating continuous quality improvement including monitoring, analyzing trends and developing and implementing remedies;
- Participates in program planning and development of a yearly operational plan with the VP of Community Services and leadership team;
- Develops and participates in the implementation of operational goals to meet the strategic objectives of the organization; Monitors progress and goal attainment; and
- On-Call on a scheduled basis to provide clinical supervision for staff working at the agency.
The successful candidate will work as part of a management team integrating community support services for people with mental health issues internally and with other providers in Lambton County.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned mental health professional with an interest in the management and development of a multidisciplinary team. Qualifications must include:
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (preferably with Canadian Certification in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing).
- At least three to five (3-5) years supervisory or leadership experience.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of serious mental illnesses, usually gained by at least six (6) years of experience in working with this population.
- Supervision experience and human resource skills necessary to provide effective leadership.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle are required.
- Proven ability to apply leadership skills effectively.
- Ability to determine work priorities, and schedules multiple tasks, always ensuring core duties are addressed first.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, consumers and staff.
- Administrative skills to organize daily program activities, schedule employees and implement programs.
- Ability to perform work accurately and efficiently and to meet established deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and resolve service/operational issues and to inform employees, management team, and CEO on the handling of complex matters.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of staff and clients of the organization.
- Demonstrated competence in administrative principals and procedures as they relate to the management of assigned agency programs.
- Knowledge of severe mental illness and related issues.
- Knowledge of biopsychosocial rehabilitation, counselling and crisis interventions.
- Demonstrated communication skills – excellent verbal, written and listening skills;
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems calmly and ask questions to understand the issue prior to taking action.
- Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Ability to maintain composure even in tense or difficult situation and always remain focused on goals.
- Demonstrated strong conflict resolution skills when faced with conflict between team members or disagreements regarding service or program decisions.
- Working knowledge of computers with skill in the use of Email and Microsoft office.
- Experience working in a unionized environment would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in both official languages will be considered an asset.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week. Flexibility is required to meet the position requirements and managers share in an on-call program coverage system.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience, inclusive of HOOP.
Applicants should submit a covering letter and detailed resume by May 12th, 2021 to:
Vicky Fox, Executive Assistant, HR
Canadian Mental Health Association
Lambton Kent Branch
Only applicants being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Mental Health Association – Lambton Kent is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community it serves and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. This information is available in an alternative format upon request, to accommodate individuals with a disability. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.