- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
- Other - Area of Practice
If you are ready to make your next career move, consider the Ontario Public Service, Ministry of the Solicitor General.
Who Are We Looking For?
Passionate nurses who are committed to the care and well-being of others and are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
For our leadership roles, we are seeking experienced nurses with a keen ability to lead multidisciplinary health care teams in the delivery of patient-centred health care services.
What Do We Offer?
We offer a wide range of challenging and rewarding career opportunities. We support career and leadership development, invest in learning opportunities, and recognize team and individual achievements. In addition, we offer a competitive compensation package, including a defined pension plan.
Where Will You Work?
We have adult correctional and treatment facilities across Ontario, in both major cities and rural communities.
How Do You Apply?
We currently have the following opportunities available. Click on links below for details and to apply online:
Assistant Health Care Manager
- Toronto: Operational Support Division -5 Temporary full-time positions, 2 years with possible extension
Health Care Manager
Mental Health Nurse
- Kenora: Kenora Jail – 3 Permanent
- Sault Ste. Marie: Algoma Treatment and Remand Centre – 3 Permanent
- Etobicoke, Hamilton, London: Toronto South Detention Centre, Hamilton-Wentworth Detention Centre, Elgin-Middlesex Detention Centre – 9 Permanent
- Sarnia, Stratford: Sarnia Jail, Stratford Jail – 2 Permanent
- Fort Frances, North Bay: Fort Frances Jail, North Bay Jail – 2 Permanent
- Thunder Bay: Thunder Bay Correctional Centre and Thunder Bay Jail – 5 Permanent
- Sudbury: Sudbury Jail - 4 Temporary irregularly-scheduled, casual positions, up to 6 months with possible extension
- Milton: Vanier Centre for Women –16 Temporary irregularly-scheduled/casual positions, 6 months with possible extension
- Penetanguishene: Central North Correctional Centre – 1 Permanent
- Milton: Maplehurst Correctional Complex – 1 Permanent
We also hire nursing professionals for the following roles. To find out about upcoming opportunities, please visit our website (www.ontario.ca/careers) on a regular basis:
- Senior Nurse
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Nurse Supervisor
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.