General Duty Nurse – On-Call/Supply
- Ministry of Education
- $32.35 - $39.88 Per Hour
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Work Setting
- Brantford, ON
General Duty Nurse – On-Call/Supply
We are looking to hire 3 to 5 irregular on-call/supply General Duty Nurses for the W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind in Brantford.
The Ministry of Education, Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch, W. Ross Macdonald School for the Blind, operates a specialized school for students who are Blind, or Deafblind, and have Low Vision and/or multiple exceptionalities. The Provincial and Demonstration Schools Branch requires General Duty Nurses to work on an on-call, as-needed basis to provide nursing and emergency health care services for multi-exceptional students at the Brantford school site.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work in a dynamic educational/residence setting, serving multi-exceptional students, then this position may be for you. As a General Duty Nurse, you will have a direct impact on supporting the health care needs of special education students enrolled at our schools.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Assess student conditions;
- Implement medical treatment plans;
- Administer/monitor medications;
- Maintain health records;
- Provide health care information and resources;
- Work on an on-call, as-needed basis.
How do I qualify?
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
Skills and Qualifications
Your background and experience enable you to meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge of general nursing theory, practices, procedures and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, including Regulated Health Professions Act and Health Care Consent Act.
Sound judgement/organization/planning skills;
- Communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and resolve conflict;
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge of students with special needs;
- Ability to lift while transferring/assisting students;
- Willingness and ability to work shifts.
Salary Range: $32.35 - $39.88 Per Hour
- 5 Temporary - Irregular On-Call, duration up to 10 months, 350 Brant Ave, Brantford, West Region, Vulnerable Sector Check
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
For full details, please visit www.ontario.ca/careers. To apply, submit your application to PSBjobs@ontario.ca, quoting Job ID 163809, by Thursday, May 13, 2021. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.