We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the process we will work with you to meet your needs; contact email@example.com.
Position: 2021-19 Public Health Nurse
Terms: Permanent Full Time, 35 hours per week
The successful candidate will work in the Sexual Health and Harm Reduction programs. This role focusses mainly on providing public health services to vulnerable populations primarily through an outreach model. The work includes partnering with key community agencies to provide holistic support through a harm reduction lens, as well as collaborating with community partners for planning, implementing, and evaluating Public Health programs.
Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing, or eligible to register within the Province
• Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, BScN
• Current cardio-pulmonary resuscitation certification
• Demonstrated health promotion knowledge, experience with clients of all ages
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Knowledge and/or experience with principles of adult and child education and community mobilization is an asset
Salary: $34.58- $47.69 per hour, in accordance with the Ontario Nurses’ Association Contract (ONA).
Access to transportation. Mileage allowance provided. Successful candidate requires a clear Vulnerable Sector Check prior to start of work.
Resumes only accepted at:
Applicants must reference posting #2021-19
Applicants who do not receive an auto generated receipt response should contact Human Resources at 807-223-3301 x302579
Deadline for Applications: 5/11/2021 12:00 PM, CST
As part of the application process, along with your resume, please complete and submit this NWHU Application Form.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.