The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to residents, to provide direction to other nursing personnel and to assist in the organizing of the Nursing Department, in accordance with the policies of the Home and applicable legislation. As a valued member of Long Term Care and Seniors Services, the Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to Resident Safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organizations mission and vision.
- Strong knowledge of health care practices and procedures obtained through a Diploma and/or Degree in Nursing.
- Current registration as Registered Nurse with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous experience in geriatrics, or a long term care nursing facility, or completion of a course in gerontology is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening that is less than six (6) months old at time of hire.
- As a condition of employment, candidates are required to submit documented results of TB testing, as per Public Health requirements.
- Proof of annual CPR recertification.
$30.60 - $46.32 per hour (as per Collective Agreement)
Union: SEIU RN
View the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs