Professor, Bachelor of Science, Nursing
- Lambton College
- Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
- $66,555-$115,378 (Academic Collective Agreeement)
- Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
- Acute Care, Public Health
Lambton College is located on the beautiful homeland that is the traditional territory of the Ojibwe, Potawatomi and Odawa First Nations. These three individual Nations make up the traditional Three Fires Confederacy. We acknowledge the grace and the welcome they have offered to all students, staff and guests at Lambton College.
For over 50 years, Lambton College has been a leader in educational programming, experiential learning, student life experience and applied research. With a mission of student and community success, Lambton College offers a growing roster of more than 90 diploma, certificate and degree programs to a diverse student population of more than 13,000 at two main campuses in Sarnia and two in the Greater Toronto Area. Essential work has been done to ensure a College environment that is welcoming and supportive to Indigenous learners.
Much of Lambton College’s ongoing success can be attributed to career-focused programming, exceptional faculty and staff, and a recent campus revitalization that has resulted in world-class facilities. These include the state-of-practice NOVA Chemicals Health & Research Centre and Centre of Excellence in Energy & Bio-Industrial Technologies, a new Athletics & Fitness Complex, and a Fire School that is Canada’s largest live-fueled training center.
Lambton College is the only college in Canada to have been ranked among the top three Canadian research colleges for the past four years. It is also the only Canadian college to win national and global Enactus competitions, capturing national titles in 2018 and 2019 and the world title in 2018.
As a teacher, mentor and advocate for your students, you will use your professional and clinical expertise to provide a dynamic and engaging learning environment where every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
As a Professor within the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program you will:
- Support an effective learning environment through the design of tailored teaching and learning delivery strategies, which support student success, student engagement and that focus on evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines.
- Define and connect appropriate learning outcomes and student assessment techniques to overall School and program goals.
- Actively engage in the scholarship of teaching and learning, including an active research profile and pursuit of funding to support such work.
- Support student learning and progress, create assessments, rubrics, and evaluate student achievement.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities and collaborate with colleagues, other Colleges and community partners to maintain professional competency and contribute to program development.
- Assist and support program promotion and student recruitment activities.
- Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned.
- Utilize appropriate technological resources that support an engaging learning environment.
These positions will report to the Associate Dean, School of Health, Community Services & Creative Design. Salary range for this position is as per the Academic Collective Agreement - $66,555 to $115,378. A full suite of health benefits, defined benefit pension plan, vacation entitlement, professional development and relocation funding round out the total compensation package available.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Doctorate degree (PhD / ABD) in Nursing or a closely related discipline is required.
- Current registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Five (5) years recent clinical and teaching experience, ideally in an acute care setting, is preferred.
- Experience with curriculum design and development would be considered an asset.
- Experience utilizing adult learning principles in teaching and assessment methodologies, curriculum design and development, would be considered an asset.
- Effectively role model Lambton’s core values in teaching and research.
- Evidence of scholarly activity, such as research management, publications, conference presentations, and research projects.
- Evidence of maintaining excellence in research through mentorship and support.
- Self-motivated and independent individual who as functions well in a team environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with MS Office products as well as digital learning solutions.
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding
Application Information and Instructions
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, we invite all qualified candidates to apply via the Lambton College Careers Page at 11:59pm on Friday, May 21, 2021 to be considered.
All candidates selected for an interview may be asked to present on a topic related to the position. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lambton College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Lambton College hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. In support of a diverse and inclusive college community, Lambton College welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.