REGISTERED NURSE (x2)
REGULAR PART TIME
HOURS: Days, Nights, and Weekends - 12 Hour shifts (subject to change)
LOCATION: Lakeridge Health Oshawa
SALARY: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain health records. Function as a member of a Multidisciplinary Team and to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
- Current B.C.L.S.;
- Significant recent experience in an acute medical/surgical/cardiology unit required;
- Coronary Care I (Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation) and Coronary Care II or equivalent of education and experience required;
- Proven cardiac rhythm and patient assessment skills (tested);
- Proven effective organizational, critical-thinking, time-management, problem-solving and teaching skills;
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
- Able to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
- Proven ability to assume a leadership/charge role;
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
- B.Sc.N and A.C.L.S preferred;
- Must have a satisfactory performance record;
- Demonstrated an understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education sessions;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy; and
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and,
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining the same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.