CORPORATE EMERGENCY SERVICES
FULL-TIME, PART TIME & TEMPORARY POSITIONS
DD/NN; WEEKEND SCHEDULE; 12 HOUR SHIFTS; (Subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA, AJAX/PICKERING, BOWMANVILLE, PORT PERRY (Please indicate site preferrence)
(Primary location is Lakeridge Health Oshawa, but could be requested to work at other Emergency LH sites)
SALARY $33.56 - $48.05 per hour
We are currently looking for enthusiastic new and experienced Registered Nurses to join our dynamic Emergency Services team. In this position you will have the opportunity to use your extensive knowledge and expertise to help us develop, implement and maintain innovative Emergency Department practices that will meet the current and future needs of Lakeridge Health.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Emergency (ER) RN will report to the ER Managers and utilize nursing processes in providing a positive patient care experience. As an ER RN you will participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team as an individual practitioner to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current RN practices. The ER RN will maintain nursing records and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Commitment to successfully complete CNA Emergency Nursing Certification (ENC(C); asset
* B.Sc.N and ACLS preferred;
* Critical Care/ER/PALS/TNCC Certificate preferred;
* Current B.C.L.S.;
* I.V. Certified and Defibrillation Certified;
* Successful completion of coronary care courses from an approved institution;
* Demonstrated commitment to maintaining Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CON;
* Recent Emergency/Critical Care experience: paediatric experience, preferred;
* Proven EKG interpretation, cardiac monitoring, trauma nursing and patient assessment skills;
* Proven organizational, prioritization, critical thinking, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
* Sound judgement, good observation skills, tact and empathy;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a charge/supervisory role;
* Physically capable of lifting, turning, transferring patients manually and with mechanical aids;
* Must have a satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
* Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.