Overnight Respite Program
Medically Fragile Technologically Dependent (MFTD)
2 Casual Positions
ErinoakKids is currently seeking two energetic Registered Nurses to support children with special needs within our Overnight Respite Program. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and work towards supporting clients as they participate in daily living activities.
- Develop and review individual client care plans.
- Communicate client care plans with respite camp staff.
- Review and record all medical documentation.
- Conduct assessments and respond to client needs.
- Provide direct clinical care.
- Provide onsite supervision, guidance and training to camp staff members.
- Operate transfer and mobility equipment.
- Adhere to health and safety procedures including infection control practices.
- University/college degree or diploma in Nursing;
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Previous pediatric nursing experience;
- Experience working with children with physical and developmental disabilities;
- Experience working with children and youth with challenging behaviors;
- Current C.P.R. and First Aid and CPI certificate is preferred;
- Excellent nursing assessment and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
- Enjoy working under minimal supervision with children in a team atmosphere;
- Bilingualism in French and English is an asset.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
ErinoakKids will make accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer.