Copy of Registered Nurse, Resource Float Pool
- Oshawa & Ajax, Cross-site expectations.
- Salary: $33.56 - $48.05 per hour
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Ajax, ON, Oshawa, ON
RESOURCE FLOAT POOL
REGULAR FULL TIME and TEMPORARY FULL TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Positions available at Lakeridge Health Oshawa and Ajax/Pickering: Expectation to move inter- departmentally and from site to site; home base to be determined.
Salary:$33.56 - $48.05 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to Manager of Staffing Resource Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. The Registered Nurse is a highly skilled nurse that will be responsive to the staffing needs in acute medicine/telemetry, surgery and post-acute, as well as inpatient medicine, surgery and post-acute as the responsibilities. As an individual practitioner, the nurse will maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. The nurse will be responsible for maintaining the health record according to hospital policy, procedure and standards.
- Registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario (in good standing);
- Recent experience and evidence of recent and related continuing education in medical surgical nursing
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain Reflective Practice Standards as outlined by the CNO;
- Current B.C.L.S. certificate; Recent experience and evidence of recent related continuing education in medical-surgical nursing;
- Coronary care/ACLS an asset;
- Demonstrated self-motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education, leadership, and related Clinical Specialties;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in patient care assignments, patient care units and hospital sites within a Medical/Surgical Program;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to foster good public relations and effective working relationships in a family-centred environment;
- Ability to lift, turn, transfer patients manually and with mechanical aids;
- BScN and membership in RNAO and other professional nursing associations preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service in this area; and
- Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining the same standard.
- Must have a satisfactory performance record
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.
More search results
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Registered Nurse - Emergency Services
Registered Nurse - Staffing Resource Team
Registered Nurse - Oncology/Nephrology (OC6)
Registered Nurse (Long Term Care) - Full Time & P…
Chartwell Retirement Residences