- 1229 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON
- $102,652 to $122,178 per annum
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Toronto, ON
- Area of Practice
- Community Care
Registered Nurse (Extended Class) – SOS Program in Hotel Distancing Sites
1.0 FTE (35 hours/week), Bargaining Unit – UFCW – Local 175
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (Parkdale Queen West CHC) is a dynamic, community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services, including primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care and we strive to reduce these barriers. We are seeking experienced harm reduction worker who share our passion for making a difference; you see this role as an opportunity to take the next step in your successful career while contributing to a vision of Inclusive Communities. Responsive Healthcare. Healthier Lives.
General Responsibilities: We are currently seeking one Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) to work in our Safer Opioid Supply (SOS) program across multiple hotel sites established for individuals experiencing homelessness. This program has been funded only to March 31, 2023. The program provides clients using street-based drug supply, who are at high risk of overdose in the community and of medical complications due to drug use, a regulated supply of prescription opioids through a NP in an effort to reduce overdose and overdose deaths. The NP will work within a harm reduction framework to provide assessment and treatment functions for SOS clients and work with the broader SOS team (RN and Case Manager) in providing administrative and evaluation support for the program.
- Conduct in-depth and focused assessments based on client condition and acuity at intake and on an ongoing basis; provide health and harm reduction education as needed.
- Prescribe SOS medications as per the protocols.
- Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counselling and other clinical activities for SOS clients.
- Liaise with other providers including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and Supervised Consumption site staff to coordinate client care.
- Engage in collaborative community relationships to facilitate patient access to services.
- Charting client assessments, procedures, follow up per the CNO standard.
- Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews, case conferences, and make referrals.
- RN (EC) training from a recognized program
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse (EC) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience in a community setting or combination of community, hospital, or public health settings.
- Knowledge of harm reduction principles, injection drug use and associated health issues
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate conflict an asset.
- Confidence in asserting and maintaining strong boundaries.
- Knowledge of community services and resources; strong advocacy skills.
- Proficiency in the use of electronic medical records.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Respects and values the diversity of communities and individuals.
Compensation: $102,652 to $122,178 per annum plus benefits and HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan)
If you are interested in joining in a creative and dedicated team to make things better, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com, quoting “RN (EC) - SOS Hotel” in the subject line. Internal candidates, please submit your application by 5:00 pm of April 29, 2021. External candidates the deadline for application is by June 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm. We truly appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.