Health & Wellness Manager (RPN)
- 4650 Eglinton Avenue West, Etobicoke Ontario
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Retirement Facility
- Permanent, Full-time
Parkland has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health and Wellness Manager (RPN) who wants to take their career to the next level. Our newest lifestyle residence, Parkland on Eglinton West, located in Etobicoke opened in the Fall of 2020! Parkland on Eglinton West is an industry changer and offers a new era of independent luxury living with distinctive accommodations, extraordinary amenities and unparalleled service.
Who We Are…
With 5,000 employees, Shannex is a family-owned Canadian company based in the Maritimes. With over 30 years of experience creating better ways to deliver seniors living and long-term care communities throughout Ontario, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Shannex offers a continuum of lifestyle options under our flagship brands Parkland™, Shannex™ and Faubourg du MascaretMD.
Who You Are…
As the successful candidate, you are an experienced and highly competent Health and Wellness Manager (Registered Practical Nurse) with a reputation of being an effective leader. You are licensed to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of Ontario and are currently a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario. You have a minimum of five (5) years’ nursing experience, and you have successfully supervised and led teams in a health services, retirement living, or seniors living environment. This includes overseeing human resources functions, performance management, education, and preparation of work schedules. You are committed to ensuring the highest standards of care are being met in a safe and healthy environment. You must have computer skills, current CPR & Emergency First Aid certification and a Pharmacology and Physical Assessment course (if not completed during diploma). Completion of a specialized course such as foot care, palliative care venipuncture, Alzheimer’s disease or another Dementia Care Course considered an asset.
What you will do…
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Health and Wellness Manager (RPN) is responsible for the leadership, planning, coordination, delivery and evaluation of Resident Care Services to Parkland residents living in our Memory Care and Enriched Care service lines.
Our expectations of you…
- Provides leadership and direction to the care/service team by fostering and promoting best practices
- Adheres to the Standards of Nursing Practice, Code of Ethics, Registered Nurses Act and Regulations as defined by provincial legislation
- Provides leadership to and direct supervision of employees in area of responsibility
- Provides consultation regarding resident issues and standards of care to interdisciplinary team
- Assists in the recruitment process, manages work schedules, monitors performance, provides coaching, assists in training of the Clinical Services department
- Ensures new employees are orientated and trained on all departmental standards
- Ensures regular and consistent communication with team and other departments
- Ensures compliance with organizational brand standards, policies and regulatory body requirements
- Organizes continuous quality improvement, risk management and quality assurance activities
- Ensure organization policies are implemented and adhered to by team
- Promotes and leads a safety culture
What we offer…
- An opportunity to work with Great People, to be a part of this new, flagship, industry leading development
- A role where you can set the bar of independent luxury living using your exceptional skills and experience
- Regional support team & onsite management team who you will be working alongside to build a phenomenal front-line team
- The ability to make an impactful difference in the quality of life for residents and their families
- Comprehensive compensation package which recognizes your experience as an industry leader
- RRSP program (employer matching option)
- Extended Health and Wellness Benefits, available the first day of work
- Flexible hours of work
- Professional development opportunities
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Parkland Lifestyle Residences is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Parkland Lifestyle Residences. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Parkland Lifestyle Residences strives to be a supportive and inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunity employment. Accommodations will be provided to applicants requesting them in order to ensure participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring process. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Human Resources Department.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.