Staff Development Coordinator (12-14 Month MLOA)
- The Wexford Residence
- 1860 Lawrence Ave E, Scarborough, ON
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Toronto, ON
- Area of Practice
- Other - Area of Practice
The Wexford Residence Inc. is a premier senior’s residence in Scarborough that combines independent apartments, long-term care and a senior’s community centre. Established in 1977 and incorporated in 1995, The Wexford is owned and operated by a charitable non-profit corporation with a Board of Directors.
The Wexford is accredited by Accreditation Canada and we received an “Exemplary Award” in 2017. This third-party endorsement from independent surveyors confirms that all appropriate standards, policies and practices are in place within a health-care centre.
- Registered nurse with a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing degree required/ Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years of experience in Long-Term Care
- Sound knowledge of the principles of adult learning and/or experience in adult education.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Experience other quality initiatives.
- Knowledgeable about quality improvement principles (eg: PDSA, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Annual written needs assessment for staff education which incorporates an analysis of organizational needs, residents needs and staff development requirements.
- Design of Educational Plan and Programs.
- Designs and delivers educational programs using the principles of adult learning.
- Coordinate the delivery of education programs provided by internal and external resources.
- Participates in the strategic planning process and identifies the training/education required to support identified organizational changes.
2. Quality Improvement
- Provides mandatory in-services for fire safety, infection control, body mechanics, etc.
- Organizes annual evaluation of all mandatory programs as outlined in the Long-Term Care Homes Act
- Liaison with Behaviour Supports Ontario, RNAO BPSO etc.
- Provides support to staff in achievement of quality goals.
- Member of the Continuous Improvement Committee of Board.
3. Human Resources
- Coordinates and/or participates in orientation of all new personnel.
- Oversees the staff’s completion of the online e-learning tool, Surge Learning, for annual mandatory training.
- Provides regular in-service education for personnel regarding new trends, new equipment, new regulations and new procedures that relate to resident care.
- Maintains current references and resources for staff as they can be made available in respect of allocation of funds.
- Resources material and speakers to maintain an increased level of staff awareness and interest in job-related knowledge.
- Develops and maintains a method of evaluating if programs have addressed the learning needs of staff and have resulted in performance improvement.
- Is aware and understands his/her role and responsibilities related to resident safety and workplace safety.
- Is knowledgeable about the Occupational Health and Safety Act and is familiar with the common hazards in the workplace and those specifically related to his/her area of responsibility and work areas.
- Oversees student placements with various universities and colleges.
- Maintains records of in-service and program evaluations.
- Maintains attendance records for all regular and mandatory staff education programs and provides reports to appropriate Director.
5. Other duties
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the CEO/delegate.
6. Health and Safety
- Ensures that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act Sections 25, 26, 27 and 28 are met.
Interested candidates should forwards their resume in confidence to:
Sandra Bassett, CEO
Deadline date: May 5, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.