Clinical Nursing & Education Lead Full-Time—1 year Contract
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for over 90 years. With over 3,000 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) in the GTA, London, Ottawa and Durham. VHA’s Client & Family Centered Care community based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking a: Clinical Nursing & Education Lead
Full-Time—1 year Contract
The Clinical Nursing and Education Lead (CNEL) will work collaboratively across community-based programs/sites to provide clinical nursing leadership, expertise, consultation and support education needs of point-of-care Registered Practice Nurses (RPNs). The CNEL will work to support the implementation of evidence-based best practices, enhance care outcomes and ensure excellence in care and service delivery. This role is also responsible for supporting clinical practice needs related to skills, competencies and enhanced practices in accordance with respective regulatory bodies, policies and procedures, guidelines and directives. The CNEL will apply the principles of adult learning to achieve knowledge translation most effectively and will ensure that all activities conducted are congruent with the organization’s policies, procedures, standards of safety and quality, and rooted in a client-centered philosophy.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviors required for this position:
· Registration as a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario, RNAO member, with preference given to candidates with CCHN(C) certification
· Undergraduate degree in Nursing/Science in Nursing with a Graduate Degree in Nursing or Education considered an asset.
· Successful candidate will be a strong clinical practitioner with an ability to use knowledge-transfer techniques to put evidence–based knowledge into practice
· Understanding of health care service delivery in community sector considered an additional asset
· Familiarity with the RNAO Best Practice Guideline program with implementation/evaluation experience an asset
· Strong familiarity and application of CNO Standards towards nursing scope of practice an asset
· Ability to identify practice gaps and develop a quality improvement strategy considered an asset
· Knowledge of adult education principles and a demonstrated ability for provide leadership in education to develop, deliver, or facilitate education programs for staff and service providers
· Understanding of learning needs for both interdisciplinary regulated and unregulated healthcare providers
· Experience in educational program development and clinical teaching an asset
Highly motivated, with demonstrated ability for self-directed, independent work and as a collaborative team member
· Organization and self-management skills
· Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively
· Desire to champion best practices and collaboration
· Demonstrated commitment to a Client & Family Centred Care model of care and service delivery
· Evidence of ongoing professional development and a demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in both in-person and remote/virtual team settings
· Adjunct faculty appointment (or eligibility to apply) considered an asset
To Apply: If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on the link below.
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.