Margaret Bahen Hospice is seeking an experienced and dedicated Registered Nurse to join our compassionate and committed team. In exchange for your talent, skills, and experience, Better Living will offer you the opportunity for a fulfilling career with educational opportunities, competitive salary, personal and organizational growth and benefits package. We are proud of our strong Client and Resident centered-culture, provision of exceptional client care, offering hospice experiences in a home like setting. If you are passionate about palliative care, apply today and become the newest member of our dynamic organization!
The successful candidates for this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing (BScN) preferred.
- Comprehensive Advance Palliative Care Education (CAPCE) or Learning Essential Approaches to Palliative Care (LEAP) Core Preferred.
- CNA Hospice Palliative Care designation (CHPCN(C)) is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience in community healthcare, long term care or hospital setting. Preference given to individuals with work experience in hospice or palliative care.
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment.
The successful candidates for this position must be able to:
- Provide Resident care in accordance with the professional scope of practice of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Demonstrate expertise in routine medications utilized in palliative care and a hospice setting.
- Possess strong knowledge of palliative diagnoses, the dying process, and how to support residents and caregivers during this time.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of a care plan according to evidence-based methods and best practices of hospice and palliative care that reflects the Resident's and Caregiver's history, needs, goals, wishes and preferences.
- Routinely assess, treat, evaluate and make recommendations to manage Resident’s pain and symptoms to ensure comfort is achieved and maintained.
- Assess the Resident’s and/or Caregiver’s psychosocial, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing routinely. Refer to the Psychosocial Team as required.
- Utilize the Resident Record to carry out and maintain a current plan of care; communicate with the transdisciplinary team; document assessment outcomes; and record interactions with the Resident and/or Caregiver(s) that are pertinent to the plan of care.
- Oversee the administration of medication and treatment for all Residents; implement medical interventions as required or ordered; and take primary responsibility for the medical care of Residents with high acuity.
- Work as a team, communicating, consulting and participating in transdisciplinary meetings, rounds, family conferences and committees as requested or required.
- Have the physical ability to perform the duties of the position. Which include regularly: standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
All applications will be reviewed until a candidate is found
Please email or fax your cover letter and resume to Human Resources
E‐mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Fax: 416‐510‐1104
Please quote “Registered Nurse - MBH” on the cover letter and e-mail subject line.
Better Living is an equal opportunity employer and is in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their request for accommodation known when contacted. Thank you to all who express interest in this position and we welcome all resumes. However, only those granted an interview will be contacted.