Registered Nurse – Full Time Nights
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. has been serving the needs of seniors in Ontario for over 100 years. It is committed to serving seniors through the development of new and innovative concepts in support programs, health care services and housing initiatives. The IOOF Seniors Home Inc. is a non-profit charitable organization currently operating several facilities located in Barrie, Ontario. The Organization provides a continuum of care for seniors aged 60 years and over from totally independent living to supportive housing, rent-geared-to-income housing and long-term care. The 162 bed Long Term Care Home, named Odd Fellow and Rebekah Home, administered under the Ontario Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007, has a sound record for compliance to Ministry of Health & Long Term Care regulations.
**The IOOF offers benefits to ALL Full Time and Part Time employees**
The Registered Nurse (RN) is part of an interdisciplinary team and is responsible and accountable to work with management and clinical staff. The RN facilitates a collaborative working environment by means of proven leadership, teamwork, innovation and best practices for Nursing and Resident Care Services.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 2 years clinical, project leadership and/or management experience in a Long Term Care setting preferred
- Post graduate studies in Geriatric and Nursing Administration an asset
- Certificate or Diploma in Infection Control Practices and Advanced Wound Care preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of computers including advanced skill in the use of Point Click Care (PCC), RAI-MDS and Point of Care (POC) preferred;
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and related Ontario Regulations
- Familiar with Compliance and Enforcement under the LTCHA – the LTC Quality Inspection Program and the Inspection Protocols (IP’s) for Resident Care
- Good understanding of Continuous Quality Management (CQI) principles and Risk Management strategies for Resident Care services
- Full computer literacy including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheets, database maintenance, and computerized Resident charting
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members, Management and other internal/external stakeholders;
- Ability to supervise, delegate, counsel and educate RPN and PSW staff
- Ability to effectively manage conflict and prioritize and deal effectively with competing priorities
For more information or to pursue this opportunity, please contact Karen Jones, Director of Resident Care at 705-728-2389 ex 317 or email email@example.com
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged.