Director of Resident Care – Hilltop Manor
peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row! We are a growing Canadian owned and family-operated organization in senior living. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
peopleCare is once again Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This notable distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths highlighted in our Report include peopleCare’s investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our vision to change the world of Senior Living! Together we are raising the bar in changing the world of senior living as a Best Managed Company, by providing excellent care and creating meaningful experiences for residents, families, staff, and partners.
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great opportunity below!
The Director of Resident Care is accountable to the Director of Nursing for the day-to-day management of the nursing department and resident care services. Through effective management of all resources in the nursing envelope and development of a strong nursing team, the DRC will ensure the delivery of optimal care and service, based on legislative requirements.
The DRC is required to perform their duties in a manner consistent with the core values and employee guiding principles, ensure resident safety, and demonstrate customer service excellence.
Reports To: Director of Nursing
- Co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department.
- Contributes to operational plans for the effective operation of the nursing department.
- Delegates responsibility to nursing staff based on clearly defined lines of authority and communication.
- Participates in an effective quality and risk management system to ensure legislative regulations and standards are met.
- Participates in strategic planning and accreditation activities.
- Leads and participates in committees according to their terms of reference and areas of responsibility.
- Participates in corporate and external committees as requested.
- Follows all corporate policies and procedures; contributes to the development of site-specific nursing policies as indicated.
- Responds promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues.
- Facilitates communication in complex care issues to foster positive resident outcomes.
- Ensures clinical care is delivered in a manner that is resident centered and fosters evidence based best practice.
- Promotes an effective admission and discharge process and experience
- Contributes to the implementation of a complete quality and risk management program for the nursing department.
- Ensures the collection of clinical indicators within timeline monthly as assigned.
- Contributes to the development of recommendations for corrective action to reach corporate mean for clinical indicators.
- Ensures that all risk areas identified are addressed in a timely manner and according to corporate policy and applicable legislation
- Contributes to good working relationships with relevant persons within the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC).
- Knows and interprets MOHLTC legislation, regulation, and process.
- Contributes to the implementation of processes and systems to ensure compliance to all standards on an ongoing basis.
- Understands and interprets MOHLTC regulations and peopleCare policies and procedures
- Performs nursing duties as required and models and fosters an environment of positive customer service in all aspects of care.
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the Director of Nursing
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario and degree or diploma in nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Previous nursing experience in Long Term Care and a minimum of 1 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Current CPR recertification