Registered Nurse - Critical Care Sponsorship Program
- Scarborough Health Network
- Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario
- $33.56 - $48.05 per hour
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Critical / Urgent Care
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Manager of Critical Care you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population within our multi-service environment. Our Critical Care Program is a patient focused total care model. You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing Practice at the Scarborough Health Network.
You will provide exceptional “customer service” to patients and families within an inter-professional, team environment. You demonstrate professional accountability for your practice and are able to identify and pursue opportunities to meet your learning needs. The successful applicant will be required to work at the General and Birchmount hospital based on departmental needs.
Your application will be considered for opportunities at any one of our three hospitals: Birchmount, Centenary and General hospital based on departmental needs.
• Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current ACLS( or willing to obtain within 6 months of employment)
• Current BCLS
• 1-2 years of medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting
• Willingness to participate in continuing education and unit based initiatives such as LEAN, Unit Councils, Audits etc
• Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function independently and be part of an inter-professional team member in fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Computer literacy and or familiarity with e-documentation
• Ability to speak another language an asset
• 1 year in critical care setting an asset
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.