PRENATAL AND PARENTING NURSE MANAGER: PARENTING PROGRAM
- Remote (Head office in Pembroke, Ontario)
- $37.00 to $40.00 an hours depending on experience
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
The Phoenix Centre for Children & Families, a not-for-profit organization based in Pembroke, and is a children’s mental health treatment agency. The Phoenix Centre is seeking a Prenatal and Parenting Nurse Manager to work with staff on the various Prenatal and Parenting programs and parenting website offered by this agency. The Nurse Manager of National Parenting Programs: promotes and implements the program to agencies licensing the program; updates content to keep it current, updates curriculum in the parenting programs; facilitates discussions with parents in online forums. The successful candidate usually works remotely but may need to travel occasionally within Ontario when face to face meetings are required (and safe).
- Promote and implement the Welcome to Parenting program www.welcometoparenting.com to agencies and government departments licensing the program.
- Manages the programs of current agencies with licenses of the program.
- Updates content in program and does ongoing curriculum development of the Welcome to Parenting as required.
- Authors content into the program website editor.
- Facilitates and responds to questions from parents in English the online discussion forums in the Parent Zone for the Welcome to Parenting program.
- Manages and works closely with program web master and other online parent educators.
- Trains online parent educators when hired to assist with parent forums.
- Master’s in Nursing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in maternal child nursing; experience in teaching childbirth preparation and post-natal recovery or parenting programs; understanding of child development and parent/child and couple relationships.
- Or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Available to work 14 to 20 hours per week for $69,000-$72,000 per annum pro-rated.
- Experienced computer user with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Webinar technology.
Proficiency in oral and written communications skills in English is required. Fluency in French would be an asset.