Remote work available / New graduates are encouraged to apply!
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) for a full-time permanent position supporting our Longlac site. In this position you will have the opportunity to work to your full scope of practice with strong practice emphasis on harm reduction, disease prevention, health promotion, and education and community partnerships.
This position will be supporting the community of Longlac, on an onsite/virtual basis. Please note that the successful candidate must be onsite in Longlac at least half-time. This is a salaried position with excellent benefits compensation package, including the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).Flexibility in work hours is available and accommodation may be provided.
You will be a vital part of our multidisciplinary team comprising of a Physician, Nurse Practitioner, Nurses, Dietitian, Community Health Workers, Lab Assistant, Community Nutrition Worker and Administrative Support staff.We have telemedicine capacity on site, courtesy privileges for diagnostic tests ordered through Geraldton District Hospital and an ambulance base next door to the health centre.Longlac (population 1,700) is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy lifestyle. It is three and a half hours (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay on the shore of Longlac, a half hour from Geraldton and two hours from Hearst.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Experience providing service within walk in clinic setting an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of northern community health care needs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those elected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
NURSE (RPN) FULL-TIME - NIGHT SHIFT
SCOUT TALENT CANADA
Human Resources Consultant, Employee Health & Wel…
City of Toronto
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Units - Halifax
Nova Scotia Health
Staff Development Coordinator (12-14 Month MLOA)
The Wexford Residence
Clinical Nursing & Education Lead Full-Time—1 y…
VHA Home Healthcare