- Rate of Pay: $55.18 - $59.94 per hour
- Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Mental Health Facility / Psychiatric Hospital
- Area of Practice
- Primary Care
The Vice President of Quality & Professional Practice/CNE is currently seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner Extended Class (NP-EC) as part of the primary care model of disease management for the patients of Waypoint to provide diagnoses, treatment and management plans that address, resolve and manage common health problems and diseases independently and in collaboration with the patient, care team and the physician for their designated areas of care. The NP will provide primary health care oversight for their assigned patient groups, leading the inter-professional team in patient treatment plans with a strong emphasis on health promotion and disease prevention for their assigned areas of Waypoint.
- As the primary health care lead for their assigned areas, the NP will provide comprehensive primary health care which includes assessments, diagnoses, counseling, screening, referral, education, treatment and follow- up.
- Involves patient and families in identifying risk factors and health problems, goal setting and interventions for disease, treatment, prevention and health promotion.
- Determines the need for, and orders, laboratory and diagnostic tests, x-rays and ultrasounds; interprets results and consults with physician when required.
- Keeps records of patient interactions to ensure other practitioners and providers are informed about the patient’s treatment plan and ensuring continuity of care
- Provides leadership and direction to other clinicians and providers to ensure consistent care, management, referrals and information.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of policies, protocols and procedures to improve patient care.
- Represents NPs on the NAC, rounds, PSA and other committees as required.
- Collectively provide leadership, develop skills, protocols and procedures, and provide mentorship and teaching to other health care providers around designated high need areas of care including diabetes management, wound management, palliative care and geriatric care.
- Engages in and supports clinical research/evaluation related activities occurring in clinical settings.
- Performs all work at all times in compliance with all hospital policies and procedures and legislation (CNO, Occupational Health &Safety Act, Fire Code, WHMIS, etc.) relevant to health and safety, security (including relational/therapeutic security) and potential risk hazards, and in particular, “duties of the worker” as defined in Section 28 of the OH&S Act.
- Maintain competence relevant to practice through continuing education and lifelong learning, and actively assists with the development of other health care professionals informally at the bedside or formally as required.
- Completion of a recognized Nurse Practitioner Program
- Masters of Nursing or related graduate degree with a clinical focus
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of an accredited controlled substance course according to CNO standards
- CNA certification as a Certified Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse is an asset
- Demonstrates knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing theory/practice, principles, interventions, medications and symptoms, and knowledge of practice standards and expectations for Registered Nurse in Extended Class; health promotion and disease prevention methods
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications e.g. MS Office, Meditech
- Results oriented work ethic to work independently and undertake tasks needed to accomplish work objectives and deliver quality, consistent and timely results
- Demonstrated leadership, conflict resolution, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to adapt readily to change
- Models and promotes core ethical practice, Waypoint Values, and reflects an optimistic and positive attitude
- Preference for proficiency in French/English language skills
How do I apply?
Applicants apply to http://www.waypointcentre.ca/i_want_to/join_your_team quoting Job ID WC20-334. Attach your cover letter and resume detailing why you are interested in this opportunity and how you meet the qualifications and key accountabilities specified. Please note: this position will remain open until filled.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued and respected. Waypoint offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of our recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, due to high volumes only those selected for an interview will be contacted.