GUIDELINE DEVELOPMENT METHODOLOGIST
The Guideline Development Methodologist (GDM) is responsible for leading the planning and execution of the best practice guidelines (BPG) and will: collaborate with a multidisciplinary expert panel, perform systematic reviews of the literature; develop evidence-based recommendation statements; write guidelines, reports and manuscripts for peer-review; and prepare and present research for scientific meetings. The GDM ensures that guidelines are informed by best evidence, enhancing the quality and evidence-based culture of nursing practice, and promoting nursing excellence for the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO).
- Work collaboratively with Project Coordinators and other International Affairs and Best Practice Guidelines (IABPG) team members, Expert Panel members, and health sciences librarian to develop, facilitate, and maintain methodological rigour, clinical significance, and completion timelines for BPGs.
- Maintain international standards and rigor of guideline development with integration of Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) and Confidence in the Evidence from Reviews of Qualitative Research (GRADE CERQual) frameworks throughout BPG development processes.
- Plan and conduct systematic reviews of defined research questions, including: title and abstract screening of research studies; relevance review; data extraction; quality appraisal and evidence synthesis to identify applicable evidence for RNAO best practice guidelines and other RNAO initiatives.
- Synthesize research findings in documents such as evidence profiles, evidence-to-decision frameworks, and work updates for review by the Director, Senior Manager and Expert Panel members, as required.
- Oversee and direct the BPG development process for assigned BPGs from identifying key issues in the proposed topic area of focus to final publication of the BPG including:
- Determining the purpose and scope of the BPG by hosting key informant interviews and discussion groups with stakeholders, conducting literature reviews and, conducting environmental scan and assessing quality of existing guidelines and standards.
- Take the lead role in proposing a broad representative panel of experts (including nurses, members of the interprofessional team and persons with lived experience).
- Develop draft evidence-based recommendations for best practice guideline.
- Lead consensus-building process with expert panels to create evidence-based recommendations including content, context and their strength.
- Facilitate an environment of respect, support and inclusion for all expert panel members.
- Draft complete guidelines for expert panel review in completion timeframes.
- Edit, review and refine guidelines based upon expert panel, stakeholder and internal peer review feedback in completion timeframes.
- Prepare supplementary evidence documents (e.g. search strategies) and implementation tools (e.g. health education fact sheet) for publication alongside the best practice guideline
- Initiate, facilitate and ensure completion of the final BPG documents during revision phase.
- Support the development of performance indicators for the BPG and when appropriate for Nursing Quality Indicators for Reporting & Evaluation® (NQuIRE).
- Be a champion for current and emerging evidence development guideline development methodology that supports evidence-based nursing practice. Draft and prepare manuscripts for publication in journals or as otherwise intended by the Director, Senior Manager or other members of the RNAO Senior Management team.
- Mentor and train other staff.
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse with in-depth, demonstrated understanding of evidence-based nursing practice.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and in RNAO.
- Master’s degree in nursing, health research or a related field is required, or equivalent combination of preparation and experience (Thesis prepared preferred).
- Three to five years research experience and clinical nursing experience, with mental health and addiction experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of systematic review methodology.
- Strong interest or experience in nursing best practice guideline development.
- Superior organizational skills and self-directed work ethic to effectively manage multiple projects in various stages of development.
- High flexibility and adaptability in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
- Excellent analytical skills and detail-orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff and stakeholders, to synthesize and present information, to prepare manuscripts and to conduct the research work.
- Strong experience with citation management software (such as Reference Manager, RefWorks, or EndNote), systematic review software (such as Distiller SR) and online biomedical and allied health bibliographic databases (such as Medline, CINAHL, or Embase).
- Dexterity required to operate a computer, telephone, and other office equipment.
- Continuous concentration is required to read, screen, and appraise a large volume of information daily, prepare data tables and summary reports, and to consult as appropriate.
- Sight, touch and hearing are used to read, proofread, write, and analyze information and to answer enquiries.
- Sitting is required frequently in the job for more than 2 hours at a time to read and write information, work on the computer, answer the telephone, and attend meetings.
- Workflow requires re-prioritizing of workload, meeting multiple demands, and working overtime as required.
- Works in a climate-controlled office with some exposure to distractions, interruptions and stress from multiple demands.
- Restrictions related to COVID-19 may require working from home.
- Typical conditions are such that no risk or injury is present.
We thank you for your application, and qualified candidates will be contacted.
More search results
LTA Indigenous Nursing, School of Nursing - Nipis…
Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority
Registered Nurse, Resource Float Pool
LPN/RPN/RN Covid Testing Nurse for a Bayview Peop…
Manager of Clinical Education and Employee Health
Dryden Regional Health Centre