Registered Nurse, Nursing Resource Team (NRT)
- Hamilton Health Sciences (HHS)
- http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca REQ# 86465
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Hamilton, ON
- Area of Practice
- Other - Area of Practice
The Nursing Resource Team (NRT) operates within the Quality & Performance (Q&P) Portfolio, under the strategic leadership of the Director of Clinical Resource. The NRT is a staffing team that plays a vital role in the provision of nursing services across patient care programs at HHS. It is comprised of full-time and part-time nurses, health care aides and social workers, whose shifts are assigned to various clinical areas to meet appropriate staffing requirements.
NRT staff are valued members of HHS and respond to needs based on patient acuity, replacement for sick time, vacation, and known vacancies. Members of the NRT perform full range of professional duties providing high quality care to patients across all HHS sites. As a NRT Nurse, you receive exposure to a wide range of patient populations including medical/surgical, pediatrics and women’s health, perioperative, and critical care. All new NRT team members are set up for success and go through an onsite orientation program, led by experienced health care professionals and educators. NRT provides opportunities to grow your skills and expertise and prides itself on growing and mentoring our nurses.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Current BCLS certification
3. Demonstrated knowledge of the current nursing assessment and management of patients
4. Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary care and a nursing professional practice model
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care plan
6. Demonstrated ability to utilize problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques
7. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
8. Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development
9. Ability and willingness to work in different environments
10. Candidates interested in Critical Care (in addition to the qualifications above)
11. Critical Care Certificate preferred
12. ACLS/ATLS preferred
13. Recent experience in ECG interpretations, pressure monitoring, airway management and mechanical ventilators
14. Candidates interested in Emergency (in addition to the qualifications above)
15. Certification for Emergency Nursing preferred
16. PALS, TNCC, ENPC preferred
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #86465
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.