Registered Nurse- Ambulatory Hemodialysis
REGIONAL NEPHROLOGY PROGRAM
REGULAR PART TIME
DAYS/EVENINGS/WEEKENDS; 12 & 8 HOUR SHIFTS; (Subject to Change)
Lakeridge Health Oshawa
SALARY: $33.56- $48.05 per hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To use nursing process in providing patient care. To participate as a member of the Health Care Team and the Nursing Team. As an individual practitioner, to maintain competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. To maintain nursing records. Function as a member of a Multidisciplinary team. To perform other related duties as assigned.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standing);
* Current B.C.L.S;
* Recent hemodialysis experience and evidence of recent related continuing education;
* BScN, preferred;
* Nephrology certificate or evidence of progression towards completion;
* Demonstrated self-motivation regarding continuing education in areas of patient assessment, patient education, leadership and related clinical specialties;
* Sound knowledge and application of nursing skills as listed in the CNO "Standards of Nursing Practice;
* Proven good organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Ability to prioritize and complete assignments in a reasonable length of time;
* Demonstrated sound judgement, good observation and patient assessment skills, tact and empathy;
* Demonstrated ability to perform appropriately in emergency situations;
* Proven ability to perform a leadership/preceptorship role;
* Physically capable of performing the essential duties of the position;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Proven good attendance record with capability of maintaining this same standard
* Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices, including staff patient, and environmental safety, and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) . Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.