- 400 William Graham Drive
- Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Aurora, ON
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care
The Meadows, a caring Christian community for seniors is in Aurora, the heart of York Region. It is set on a beautiful property against the backdrop of a natural green space and pond. Our aim is to promote a caring environment and a “continuum of living” where seniors can age in place.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 5+ years relevant experience as a nurse
- Management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Eden Alternative philosophy
- Build a community that promotes the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual wellbeing of residents
- Provide communication and collaboration with residents whenever possible
- Be creative and flexible when problem-solving
- Speak kind and affirming words
- Be mindful of protecting residents’ confidentiality
- Dignity and respect must be the foundation of everything you do and say
- Implement Warmth Surveys, and make adjustments based on outcomes
- Adhere to the Directors’ Code of Ethics
- Create an environment in which excellent staff morale is fostered and staff retention is a priority
- Ensure clarity and cascading communication
- Active participation in strategic planning and the creation and implementation of Thematic Goals
- Maintain monthly departmental budgets and assess opportunities for revenue generation
- Select, track, evaluate and implement changes related to Key Performance Indicators and report to Board of Directors as necessary
- Promote understanding of and accountability of policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for own actions
- Seek opportunities to learn and grow
- Seek and accept feedback
- Model the Eden Philosophy and The Meadows of Aurora values
- Directly supervises Wellness Centre Coordinator, Manager of Care - AL and MC as well all RPNs in Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- Manages service providers such as physicians, specialists and fitness instructors
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Education and Staff Development to oversee staff mandatory and elective training.
- Works with the marketing team to facilitate admissions to facility
- Coordinates transitions of care along the continuum of living.
- Responsible for health-related education for the residents.
- Responsible for health policy compliance with the RHRA in required areas.
- Collaborates with the Director’s team to complete projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
At The Meadows of Aurora, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. The Meadows of Aurora is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Meadows of Aurora employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.