Immunizer (Regulated Health Professional)
- Halton Region
- Registered Nurse, Advanced Practice Nursing
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
- Education, Emergency, Public Health
Division: Healthy Schools & Communities
Position: Immunizer (Regulated Health Professional)
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
We are hiring for our immunization clinics! As part of the Public Health team, you will administer vaccines in community clinics.
This opportunity is open to all Regulated Health Professionals who can administer vaccine in accordance with their licensed profession or under a medical directive.
There are various positions available. Positions are temporary full-time, temporary part-time or casual, up to June 30, 2022.
Shifts will include days, evenings and weekends.
We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment. At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions.
As an Immunizer you will support the Region’s COVID-19 Vaccination Program by administering vaccines to Halton residents in community clinics, while managing clients and clinic flow to ensure safe, efficient and effective care.
The successful candidate will be a Regulated Health Professional licensed in good standing to practice in Ontario with a Regulatory College (e.g., College of Nurses of Ontario, Ontario College of Pharmacists etc.) and must be able to administer vaccine in accordance with their licensed profession or, under a medical directive.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification is an asset.
- Intramuscular injection experience.
- Effective subjective and physical assessment skills to monitor for adverse reaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to share information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- De-escalation skills and an ability to exhibit empathy.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to complete required documentation.
- Experience working with confidential personal information and/or personal health information.
- Experience completing client assessments, health teaching and counselling.
- Knowledge, skills and cultural sensitivity to work effectively with groups most affected by the social determinants of health.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and database software.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times. Training and relevant PPE will be provided.
- The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen, by the first day of employment. In absence of an up to date police clearance, the Region will accept a signed declaration by the employee. Within one month of the Pandemic Declaration being revoked, you are required to submit an original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen to the Region.
- Travel within Halton will be required, the incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings and weekends, is required.
- Support large-scale immunization program in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Safely administer vaccine according to standardized protocol.
- Record details of the vaccine dose and lot number within an electronic system, ensure required documentation, safe practices and adherence to all applicable policies and procedures
- Respond to patient queries and concerns.
- Provide education and information on COVID-19 vaccine, as required.
- Work with the site supervisor to maximize the efficiency of the immunization areas.
- Identify and respond to adverse reactions and events.
- Work collaboratively with other Public Health colleagues, health professionals and agencies (e.g. physicians, local hospitals, long term care facilities and community health agencies, workplaces).
- Duties and responsibilities in this role are subject to change based on operational requirements, emergency response and Ministry directives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Posted: January 21, 2021
Posting Expires: Posted until filled
Posting #: H-29-21
Apply Online at: Halton Job Postings
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.