Division: Healthy Schools & Communities
Position: Supervisor, COVID-19 Vaccine Operations
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This posting is for ten (10) temporary full time positions working 35 hours per week until June 30, 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Immunization this position will provide leadership, supervision and support to team including Public Health Nurses, other Public Health and Health Care Professionals and Program Assistants as required for COVID-19 Vaccine Operations. The team is responsible for supporting the planning and implementation of COVID-19 Vaccine rollout including mass immunization clinics and other immunization clinics/programs.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a public health environment and a minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience is preferred. An equivalent amount of education and experience will be considered.
This role requires:
- Strong knowledge of public health, determinants of health and the legislation and mandates governing public health, Immunization, and the Health Care Consent Act
- Recent experience in the delivery of clinical services, including community immunization campaigns and vaccine management.
- Recent experience in vaccine preventable diseases, immunization services, immunization records management and vaccine distribution and inventory management
- Experience in conducting practice audits and clinical supervision
- Knowledge and experience in the provision of Immunization services and in a rapidly changing and fast paced environment is required.
- Knowledge and skill in project management, change management and stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and understanding of the standards of practice for Registered Nurses/Registered Practical Nurses
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, influence and motivate staff with political acuity
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screen by the first day of employment. Flexibility in working hours is required. Weekends and evenings may be required. Periodic travel within Halton and Ontario is required and incumbent must supply their own transportation.
- Provide supervision, support, and performance management to staff to support achievement of COVID-19 Vaccine operational goals.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services to address service issues.
- Develop and implement necessary policies, procedures, protocols incorporating evidence-informed practices.
- Oversee quality assurance regarding team performance and professional practice.
- Provide consultation for staff members in relation to safe clinical practices and implementation of COVID-19 Vaccine services.
- Participate on divisional, departmental, corporate and community committees as required.
- Manage staff in both a unionized and non-unionized environment.
- Provide weekend and evening coverage as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Posted: January 29, 2021
Posting Expires: February 12, 2021
Posting #: H-43-21
To Apply: Please visit our Job Board at Halton Job Postings
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.