- Joseph Brant Hospital
- Burlington, Ontario
- Salary to be discussed through interview process.
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Hospital / Health Centre
- Area of Practice
- Mental Health / Psychiatric / Addiction care
Position Available: REGISTERED NURSE
Status: Regular Full-Time
Department: Inpatient Psychiatry
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Current certificate of competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience in psychiatric inpatient clinical setting.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with team members.
- Demonstrated ability to use therapeutic verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client's mental and functional status.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, plan and implement care plan with clients with psychiatric disorders.
- Monitors client safety to minimize risk through use of observation levels, seclusion, restraints.
- Administers and monitors medication(s) accurately and safely.
- Awareness of family dynamics and multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated collaboration with the client, health care providers and others to access and coordinate resources and services.
- Plans access to resources required to manage potential emergency situations.
- Invokes Mental Health Act provisions as necessary.
- Explains the rationale to clients for assessment procedures and/or pharmacotherapy and/or electro convulsive therapy.
- Provides relevant information and guidance to the client's significant others.
- Incorporates knowledge of innovations and changes in Nursing Practice, Psychiatry and Mental Health.
- Advocates for the client within the context of institutional, professional, family and community interests and recognizes the right of the client to make choices with which the nurse may not agree.
- Maintains confidentiality of client information.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to enable documentation of clinical data.
- Willingness to learn new models of care delivery, i.e. Primary Nursing, Tidal Model, etc.
- Willingness to provide care via both individual and group approaches.
- Collaborates in the formulation of mental health promotion activities.
- Acts as a role model for novice and/or student nurses.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201085. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all diverse and underrepresented groups to apply.
Should you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and /or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) during any stage of the recruitment process HR will work with you to remove any barriers, please do not hesitate to let us know by contacting HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4129.
Closing date: January 31, 2021
Posting #: 201085