Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Educator/ Clinical Resource Leader
The Clinical Resource Leader (CRL) is responsible for ensuring that patient care and services are delivered in accordance with the Hospital’s vision and strategic goals and quality outcomes. The CRL advances professional practice and clinical care excellence through the design and implementation of educational programs and clinical processes that enable staff to deliver safe, excellent patient and family centered care. The CRL provides leadership with the Manager to ensure patient and staff safety practices are maintained, engages staff in the use of evidence-based best practice, and promotes a culture of continuous practice improvement. The role assures the development and maintenance of clinical competency through the identification of learning and practice development needs for direct care providers (RN, RPN, and PCA). The CRL shares responsibility with the Manager for ensuring mandatory education is provided and evaluation of staff performance. The CRL also promotes the professional growth of staff, encourages innovative contributions, coaches team members in critical thinking and the management of complex clinical scenarios. The role collaborates closely with the Manager for corporate change initiatives; realizing the goals of the unit and review of staff clinical performance.
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing/Health Discipline
- Masters in Nursing/Health Discipline or Education
- RN with current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- CNA certification reflective of the patient population and care needs
- BCLS Certificate required
- BCLS Instructor Certificate an asset
- ACLS Instructor Certificate an asset
- Adult Education Certification an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ current experience required with both clinical and leadership experience in care of this patient population
- Sound knowledge of adult education theory and experience in designing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs
- Excellent communication, coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills combined with the ability to teach in a classroom and clinical setting
- Use of innovative educational modalities, such as simulation and eLearning is an asset
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain partnerships with multiple, diverse stakeholders
- Ability to act as a change agent and manage projects
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and troubleshoot with critical and creative thinking ability
- Flexible, organized, and self-directed within scope of responsibility; has initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a healthy workplace including fair and equitable work practices.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer software, including MS office
- Membership and active involvement in related professional organizations
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital(TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Career Opportunities to apply to the role
Disclaimer: Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged.
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart