Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control Coordinator/Environmental Services Supervisor
- Hastings County
- Bancroft, ON
- $96,896 - $106,257 per annum
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care, Infection Prevention / Control
Hastings County is the second largest county in Ontario, stretching almost 160 kilometers from the Bay of Quinte to Algonquin Park. It is comprised of 14 member municipalities. Hastings Centennial Manor located in Bancroft is a fully accredited 110 bed long-term care home operated by Long-Term Care Services of Hastings County.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing- Infection Control/Environmental Services Supervisor is primarily responsible for assisting the Director of Nursing with the administration of the nursing services and the co-ordination, and implementation of the Infection Prevention and Control Program and the supervision of the Environmental Services staff for the home.
- An experienced management leader with a background in clinical nursing and a genuine understanding of, and commitment to, the clients being served, who is respectful, open to others, able to access support and guide the development of staff skills and knowledge, demonstrates a coaching approach, and can hold people to task by building their commitment to the organizational mission and values.
- A demonstrated ability to manage unanticipated events when they occur responding in a thoughtful, disciplined, collaborative, and proactive manner.
- An operational knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Long-Term Care Homes Act, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.)
- Demonstrated Management skills, including problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution in a unionized environment. Experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability; sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; a succinct and accurate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with residents, the public, staff and external service providers.
- A passion for leadership in education and training of teams and team members.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence in Ontario. Additional qualifications in Gerontology an asset
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC), through Infection Prevention and Control Canada (IPAC) required or a willingness to obtain within 2 years.
- Four to six years Nursing experience in a managerial/supervisory role, preferably in LTC, with 2 – 3 years relevant experience working in infection control and prevention is required.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently and accurately to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to create an environment conducive to the well-being of the residents and staff.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume to
Allen Prowse at: email@example.com
Palmer & Associates
Executive Search Consultants
Venture Business Centre556 O’Connor Dr. Kingston, ON K7P 1N3