Thrive Group is currently recruiting for Full-time and Part-time Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) for our member organizations: Idlewyld Manor, and St. Peter's Residence at Chedoke, (long-term care homes), as well as Ableliving Services, a non-profit organization where you will be responsible to monitor the health status of individuals in transition from hospital to the community.
If you are looking to join a highly positive, dynamic and caring team, we want to hear from you!
For joining the Thrive team you could earn up to $800 signing bonus!
- Collaborates with residents, residents’ families, visitors and all health team members in the planning and delivery of resident care
- Promotes a positive team spirit within the residence
- Assists in maintaining a physical and psychosocial environment which meets the needs of the residents
- Understands the Resident Bill of Rights and endeavor to respect and promote it
- Ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are actively promoted.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physicians’ orders, established standards and nursing principles; provide care in accordance with LTCH Act requirements (in LTC homes)
- Ensure a high level of accuracy in all medical record keeping, clinical records, and controlled drugs
- Maintains the confidentiality of all resident information and documents within the organization
- Keep abreast of current nursing knowledge skills and trends and actively pursues continuing education to promote professional growth and development
- Responsible and accountable for direct resident care activities via in-service, ongoing education and dealing with related nursing issues
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Care or delegate
- Must be a Registered Practical Nurse with a current license in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- College diploma is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
- Empathy, patience and tact are important qualities to possess.
- Seeks out opportunities to maintain competency and continued learning.
- The successful candidate will be required to submit Police Check, Vulnerable Screening Check and a medical clearance.