- Fairhaven LongTerm Care
- 881 Dutton Road, Peterborough
- Part Time Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care
Career Opportunity - Registered Nurse
Are you looking for an opportunity to be involved with a Long-Term Care Home offering high quality and compassionate care? Then Fairhaven is the place to be! Come be part of a passionate team that demonstrates the following values; resident focused, integrity, enthusiasm, innovation, inclusivity, trust and respect
The Registered Nurse (RN) is part of an interdisciplinary team and is accountable to the Resident Care Manager. The RN facilitates a collaborative working environment by means of proven leadership, teamwork, innovation and best practices for nursing and resident care services. These responsibilities shall be carried out in accordance with Fairhaven’s mission, vision, values, leadership philosophy, policies and procedures and applicable legislation and regulations.
The RN will promote and support a high quality of care for the residents while respecting their identified needs and preference. As a valued member of Fairhaven’s team, the RN will demonstrate a commitment to resident and staff safety in accordance with Fairhaven’s policies and governing bodies.
In accordance with the established policies of Fairhaven, the RN will:
- Maintain a resident-centered approach in assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of resident care.
- Applies current knowledge regarding resident needs, principles of gerontology, nursing care and general health maintenance and promotion.
- Direct and supervise the work of Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) and Personal Support Workers (PSW).
- Demonstrate accountability, effective communication, professionalism, and competency with residents, colleagues, family members and community stakeholders by providing high quality resident care within legislated standards as defined by the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Complete RAI MDS assessments within legislated timeframes set by Ministry of Long-Term Care.
- Facilitate resident care conferences.
- Oversee maintenance of emergency medication system.
- Participate in nursing research, resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Implement a safety culture within area of responsibility by ensuring residents and staff comply with all aspects and regulations related to the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Fairhaven’s Health and Safety policies and procedures as well as other governing bodies.
- Works with Fairhaven’s Human Resources department to ensure a fair and appropriate return to work, when employees are off due to illness or injury, and move quickly to resolve any issues related to safety, discipline, workplace violence and harassment.
- Adheres to infection prevention and control program requirements.
- Registered Nurse with current Certificate of Competence, College of Nurses of Ontario (to be verified at time of hire and annually)
- Long Term Care experience preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills (conflict resolution) organization and multi-tasking skills, while dealing with stressful situations and challenges
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Able to fulfill the physical demands of the position
For more information visit: http://www.fairhavenltc.com/employment/application-for-employment/
We appreciate receiving all applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Please note that if hired, your employment with Fairhaven will be contingent on receipt of a police and vulnerable sector screening free of criminal activities and satisfactory to Fairhaven’s screening policy.
Fairhaven is an equal opportunity employer; accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.