- Kerry's Place
- $98,945.60 - $122,220.80 annually
- Registered Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner
- Work Setting
- Aurora, ON
- Area of Practice
- Acute Care, General Nursing, Primary Care
- Contract, Full-time
POSITION POSTING # 1517
SERVICE AREA: Clinical Supports and Services
LOCATION: Kerry’s Place Head Office - Aurora
POSITION STATUS: Temporary full-time (Contract to April 1, 2022; two weeks written notice prior to contract end)
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week (Days, evenings; flexibility required)
HOURLY PAY RATE: $98,945.60 - $122,220.80 annually
CLOSING DATE: 4:30pm, January 27, 2021
Are you looking for a meaningful career full of lifelong learning and everyday adventures?
At Kerry’s Place, we help enhance the quality of life for more than 8000 people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) each year! Our dedicated team of professionals have become experts in the field through our continuous training and development programs. Get ready for a fun and vibrant career because every day is an adventure at Kerry’s Place!
Why Join our Team?
We offer an amazing compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We`re proud to offer our employees:
- 4 Weeks of Paid Vacation per year to start
- Additional 2 Paid Flex Days annually
- Employer Paid Group Benefits Program
- Employer Matched Pension Program (up to a max of 3%)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (optional)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employer-Paid Training Programs
- Corporate Membership discount for Goodlife Fitness
- Career Development & Internal Growth Opportunities Available
About the Role:
Provides primary health care and support to adults (18 to 70 years of age) with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who reside in homes throughout the three geographic regions served by Kerry’s Place Autism Services. The focus of the position is to provide care, consistent with the Nurse Practitioner legislated scope of practice, which includes advanced health assessment, diagnosis, therapeutic management, health promotion, and prevention of illness and injury for persons supported by Kerry’s Place.
Provision of Care and Support to Adults with Autism
- Provide integrated and comprehensive clinical care, as well as consultation, to the persons supported in the three regions that optimizes outcomes, enhances safety, effectiveness, efficiency and accessibility of health care.
- Perform assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards of practice for Registered Nurses in the Extended Class (NPs) and all relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
- Identify when collaboration, consultation and referral are necessary for safe, competent and comprehensive clinical care and support.
- Collaborate with the physicians, and medical specialists involved in the persons supported clinical care, to provide interventions that reflect goals that are consistent with the person’s medical plan of care.
- Provide advice on clinical care and support measures to managers, behavior therapists and employees.
- This position supports adults.
Quality Outcomes for the Persons we Support
- Assess, analyzes and synthesizes a wide range of information using a variety of frameworks or theories and advanced clinical and ASD knowledge to develop a plan of care.
- Anticipate predictable and unpredictable possibilities and make proactive care decisions.
- Determine and escalate a diagnosis or change in condition to the most responsible provider or their delegate within appropriate time frame.
- Guide, initiate and provide leadership in the development and implementation of standards, practice guidelines, quality assurance, and education and research initiatives.
- Maintains accurate and up to date clinical notes in accordance with the RN professional standards.
Quality Assurance Measures
- Ensure the health and safety of persons supported in accordance to Ontario Regulation 299/10 Quality Assurance Measures, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, and the Provincial and Municipal regulations and by-laws.
- Demonstrate on-going engagement in knowledge acquisition, skills development and professional growth.
- Advocate for and participate in creating an environment that supports safety, collaboration and professional growth that is solution oriented.
- Recognize and ethically manage actual, potential and perceived conflicts of interest.
- Initiate or participate in the design and evaluation of services/interventions for health promotion and protection, and prevention of injury, illness, disease and complications.
- Initiate or participate in the development and implementation of evaluations processes.
- Design, direct and evaluate quality improvement methodologies to promote safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable care and support.
- Evaluate theoretical and research based approaches for persons supported care.
- Preserve privacy and confidentiality of the persons supported.
- Support and contribute to environments that promote learning and application of knowledge and research on ASD best practices.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- RN(EC) registration in Ontario
- Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program (Acute/Primary Care)
- Successful completion of an approved NP exam.
Knowledge and Experience
- Five years of experience in hospital/mental health sectors.
- Strong knowledge of the Developmental Services sector.
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder and evidence-based treatment models and approaches is an asset.
- Excellent written, oral communication and critical listening skills.
- Competency and effective use of database systems.
- Working knowledge of related legislation and regulations such as: Employment Standards Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, etc.
- French language is an asset.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must have the ability to complete the Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) certification, First Aid/CPR as well as perform the required physical techniques. Training will be provided.
- Position requires flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A personal vehicle is required for frequent business travel, as well as a valid G2 license, and proof third party liability insurance coverage.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal applicants – Please apply through ADP. Log in and go to Myself > Talent > Career Centre
External applicants - Please visit www.kerrysplace.org/employment
This position is open to internal and external applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.