Manager of Clinical Practice (AbleLiving Services- Binbrook)
We are currently seeking a Full Time Manager of Clinical Practice to work with our AbleLiving Binbrook Team at our congregate living program. This position will offer you a competitive wage, HOOPP pension, paid orientation, and on-going professional development opportunities.
AbleLiving Services is part of the Thrive Group. We are a not for profit organization that provides services that are funded through the Local Health Integration Network of Hamilton, Norfolk, Haldimand, Brant (HNHB LHIN). Our Binbrook location is a 44 bed home that has 14 permanent beds, 24 transitional beds and 6 beds for clients who require ventilator assistance.
Ableliving opened its doors in 1978 with the first project being our Binbrook location. We continue to build the organization and provide exceptional services with the support from the HNHB LHIN. Ableliving is now more than 12 distinct programs that encompasses supports for individuals with disabilities, seniors, as well as those with long term chronic ventilation support needs.
Provides clinical and administrative leadership to nurses and works with multi-disciplinary leadership team to oversees service delivery for the clients of AbleLiving. Develops and implements systems to ensure excellence in clinical quality. Establishes and implements clear practices, protocols and continuous improvement strategies that inspire staff to exceed expectations in client care, promoting an environment of health, well-being, independence and safety for all clients. Manages transitional care systems and protocols ensuring Transitional Plans are developed with clients, primary care givers and health care partners in accordance with regulations and best practices approaches in transiitonal care. Liaises with community partners and hospitals to ensure seamless client transitions, respective of client need. During times of insufficient staffing may be required to provide direct nursing care.
- A Bachelor Degree in Nursing or related field required, with five years’ clinical frontline leadership experience in the Long-Term Care or Community Sector.
- Must be a Registered Nurse and hold a current Certificate of Competence with the Ontario College of Nurses and be a member in good standing.
- Speciality certification in gerontology is an asset.
- This position requires that the incumbent has knowledge of a variety of legislative regulations including but not limited to Excellent Care for All Act; Occupational Health and Safety Act, Health Quality Ontario regulations, Personal Health Information Protection Act; Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; LSAA and MSAA, QIP and QAP reporting requirements and exposure to BPSO.
- Must possess exceptional leadership abilities and have the ability to coach and train others utilizing adult learning principles.
- Must demonstrate a passion for engaging employees and promoting a supportive and healthy work culture within a multi-disciplinary care environment.
- Required to possess strong relational.
- Must be committed to on-going professional development, possess superior organizational, communication and written skills.
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle are requirements of this positon. Will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Check, Vulnerable Screening Check and Medical clearance certificate.
**Expereince working in a community program is consdered an asset**
Thrive Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation in the completion of this application, please contact the HR Department at 289-309-8477 ext. 578