Employee Health Nurse
Monday –Friday, Days
37.5 Hours per week
(Schedule may change based on operational needs)
About Joseph Brant Hospital:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-the-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
Our Employee Health, Safety and Wellness Department is seeking an Employee Health Nurse as we continue to support our health care heroes as they continue the Province’s fight against the global pandemic, supporting them with compassionate care and exemplary service every time.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources & Employee Health Services, the Employee Health Nurse is a valued member of the team, supporting our organization in providing a safe and healthy workplace for our people.
As a member of the Employee Heath, Safety and Wellness you will be supporting the oversight, delivery and services offered to our employees during the global pandemic and will share and demonstrate our CARE Commitment (Compassion. Accountably. Respect. Excellence) in the important work you do each day.
- Provides primary care and assessments for Employee and non-Employee injuries and illness. Assess injured/ill employees for return to work in consultation with managers
- Conduct pre-placement health assessments on all new employees
- Provide immunological services including TB testing and reading to support medical surveillance programs; as required
- Assist in providing case management of short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims
- Facilitate early and safe return to work
- In consultation with the team, provide support to managers on attendance related challenges related to medical conditions
- Provide on-site employee health nursing care, immunizations, and health counselling
- Participate with healthy workplace promotion and health education activities
- Assist, advise and support the abilities team in formulating modified work/accommodation plans
- In consultation, identify, manage and respond to public health notices in partnership with IPAC, as required
- Accurately maintain documentation of employee health files to ensure currency and validity of information
- Current Certificate of Registration, in good standing, with the College of Nurses of Ontario, B.Sc. preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health nursing, COHN(C) or certificate or diploma in OHS nursing. Will consider applicants actively engaged in certification process with some courses completed if no other qualified candidates
- Membership with OOHNA preferred
- 3 to 5 years of Employee Health experience preferred
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control an asset
- Recent experience with COVID-19 pandemic infection control, illness triage and testing guidelines are required
- Demonstrated health assessment skills and relevant knowledge of the Public Hospitals Act, and Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols
- Knowledge of relevant and current legislation required, including: OHSA, WSIA, OHRC
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures, as well as Employee wellness programs
- Ability to handle work with sensitive issues and protect confidentiality of medical information
- Sound judgment in the application of nursing and safety principles
- Strong communication skills with the ability to establish positive working relationships with internal/external partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are key to support your work in a fast-paced health care, multi-union environment
- Proficiency in MS Office required; working knowledge of Parklane an asset
- Regular attendance is required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201163. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for recruitment related to employment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive, safe and respectful place for everyone to visit, work and receive care. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Closing date: February 2, 2021
For more information about JBH, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.