Clinical Nurse Educator - Branson Reactivation Centre
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Clinical Nurse Educator, Branson Reactivation Centre:
Your goal in this position is to be accountable for fostering the development of clinical excellence and facilitating the provision of outstanding patient and family experiences within the Reactivation Centre, Branson Site. In collaboration with the Clinical Team Manager and Nurse Practitioners, you will be responsible for supporting the development of a high-performance team, ensuring the delivery of quality and safe care for patients and families. You will be instrumental in creating a professional and healthy work environment for staff, physicians, and volunteers through leadership, advocacy for best-practices and research, policy development, and coaching. You will also participate in appropriate internal and external committees, project teams, and other related activities that support the implementation of leading practices in gerontological interprofessional practice. You will collaborate with other Clinical Nurse Educators and related colleagues to promote patient-centered care, participating in clinically relevant research, and developing, conducting, and evaluating innovating programs for this specialized patient population. You have in-depth knowledge of the patient populations, expert clinical nursing skills and acts as a mentor, coach and educational resource to nursing staff. You have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). You have excellent organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes. You have strong project management skills, with the ability to give feedback. You have the ability to build relationships with peers and other contacts across the organization and externally to create opportunities for synergy/integration. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers , learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Develop and implement educational programs to enhance coordination and collaboration across the organization to meet the educational needs of nursing staff and other members of the clinical team such as equipment implementation, nursing orientation, corporate clinical policy development and implementation.
- Critically appraise the research literature and implement evidence-based practices.
- In partnership with the Director of Interprofessional Practice, and Clinical Leadership of programs across the organization, develop and provide educational opportunities for clinical staff to maintain competency and to expand knowledge base.
- Facilitate and participate with nursing staff and other members of the interdisciplinary team to continually evaluate, assess and define skill set requirements, scope of practice, legislative and credentialing requirements for areas of practice.
- Develop, conduct and evaluate innovative programs for specific patient populations in a collaborative approach with members of the healthcare team to support competency-based learning.
- Foster an environment that promotes patient/family centered care and inter-professional collaboration.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate simulation-based learning and assessment programs to meet the educational needs of nursing staff, as well as other members of the clinical team
- B.Sc.N. required, Master’s degree in a related field (or degree in progress).
- Current registration & good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- CNA Certification in Gerontology preferred
- Gentle Persuasive Approach Certification preferred
- Current or recent experience as an educator preferred
- Minimum of five years acute care nursing experience
- Current or recent experience in Adult Education
- Ability to work/interact with diverse populations, showing respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Competency in Microsoft suite of products.
- Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is an asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers, staff, and volunteers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a Full Time Regular position, 8 hour shifts, day shifts in the Branson Reactivation Centre. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
More search results
Copy of RN & RPN – COVID-19 Recovery Hotel Program
Inner City Health Associates
Clinical Resource Leader
Michael Garron Hospital
CASE MANAGERS, REGISTERED NURSES (Multiple Locati…
Integrated Care Program Supervisor (Nursing, Reha…
VHA Home Healthcare
Community Health and Safety Nursing Manager