Trinity Village is home to long-term care and retirement residents. We are seeking compassionate, kind, and strong RPNs who are committed to providing personalized, attentive, holistic care. As an independent not-for-profit organization, we are value TEAM and work together as interdisciplinary professionals to provide optimal outcomes for our elders. We are defined by equality, innovation, integrity, and ensuring that Trinity Village is a great place to live and work! You will not regret the decision to work with us!
OFFERING FULL-TIME POSITIONS IN: Long-Term Care Centre and Retirement Home
Reports to, and under the direction of the Nurse Manager (RN) or Manager of Health & Wellness, RPNs are responsible for the day-to-day management resident care including overseeing medication administration, elder assessments, and leadership using an interdisciplinary team approach to care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to the Trinity Village Care Center Mission, Values and Vision.
- Adopt and put into action the 10 Principles of the Eden Alternative Philosophy of Care - ensuring safety for both residents and staff at all times.
- Be aware of, adhere to, and promote Resident Rights
- Provide leadership for the team
- Within the limitations set by the College of Nurses, administer prescribed medications, treatment and document. Will perform other skills within the scope of practice outlined by the College of Nurses and as competency level allows
- Provide for the activities of daily living care and support as outlined in the care plan for residents
- Assess, monitor and document conditions of residents and report changes in physical or mental condition
- Develop and modify resident care plans on an on going basis.
- Communicate with staff, family and resident
- Maintain accurate resident records and charting
- Ensure compliance of all legislative documentation requirements
- Support the recreation and rehabilitation programs for elders
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are followed
- Be aware of health and safety and infection control; provide education for team members and report issues if they arise
- Notify the Nurse Manager (Registered Nurse) of unusual occurrences and complete required documentation.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team and maintain co-operative relationships
- Participate in meetings related to resident care, health and safety etc.
- Establish and maintain respectful, collaborative therapeutic and professional relationships
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Participate in Reflective Practice as outlined by the College of Nurses
- Medication certificate
- Current CPR certificate
- Leadership skills and effective communication essential
Trinity Village requires all new hires to submit a valid TB test, mandatory proof of flu shot, and Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check prior to start date.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be considered throughout the hiring process.
Applicants are required to provide their accommodation needs in advance and submit adequate documentation to support their request for accommodation in the assessment process and/or to perform the essential duties of the posted position. For disability-related accommodation, documentation must be from the applicants' treating physician outlining their functional limitations, in order for us to accommodate well.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time - temporary & permanent
Salary: $23.50-$26.20 per hour