With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services. We offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
In response to continuing growth and the resulting realignment of accountabilities, we have exciting career opportunities for a Senior Nurse Manager and a Nurse Manager for the Homewood Health Centre. If you’re looking for a company that prioritizes people – both employees and patients — and has a track record of accomplishing big things, get ready to love it here.
The Senior Nurse Manager, will be responsible for directing clinical leadership, mentoring, and coaching the Nurse Manager, as well as acting as a clinical resource for, and support to, frontline nursing staff. You will direct the workflow and oversee productivity and engagement of the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and nursing team, which will include staff development, orientation, recruitment, scheduling, performance management/progressive disciplinary process and union-related activities.
As a Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for providing clinical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for nursing team members within the service and acting as a clinical resource for, and support to, frontline nursing staff. You will manage, supervise, and monitor the overall delivery of patient care and related unit activity including nursing model of care. You will act as a resource and contact for community and family members as well as for clinical emergencies, codes and infection control issues.
What we offer:
- A privately owned National company in growth-mode, adapting and changing to meet the every changing needs in Mental Health and Addictions
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual increases
- Great benefits including pension, career investment funding, ongoing opportunities for professional and leadership development
- Generous vacation time away for you to recharge
- Discounts on products and services
- Free onsite fitness and recreation centre, available 24/7
What you bring:
- BScN is required; CPMHN (C) is preferred
- Health Management experience is required; Healthcare or Business related Masters is preferred
- 5-10 years’ experience working with patients who have a broad range of psychiatric and addiction diagnoses, including at least 2-5 years in a supervisory role with both union and non-union staff
Why Work For Us
We are driven by our values and a passion for helping people improve their lives. Our remarkable organizational culture also makes for an exceptional workplace environment. Join us and work along-side highly motivated people who are collaborative and focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our patients, clients and customers.
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join Homewood Health™ and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.