Primary Care Manager
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a full-time Primary Care Manager. The Manager will direct and supervise medical services and allied health team members, ensuring that the team works in consultation and collaboration with area First Nations, and other relevant health and social service organizations and providers. The incumbent will be responsible for all primary care specific projects and quality improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate an alignment with Noojmowin Teg’s mission, vision and guiding principles.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is committed to ongoing outreach, working in a circle of care approach, providing services in a culturally safe and relevant manner, working within a team based and supported environment, and to delivering services within the seven First Nation health clinics, off-reserve and in the Espanola area. The manager will report to the Executive Director.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive and attractive employment package. For more information on the organization and services provided, please check out: www.noojmowin-teg.ca.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
- Manage all medical, allied health and support staff and services;
- Oversee and ensure the effectiveness and optimization of services including referral processes; appropriate charting, appropriate consultation and follow up, scheduling, program safety and delivery, etc;
- Ensure effective and comprehensive use of the organization’s electronic medical record system;
- Ensure all team members maintain a high level of professional knowledge and skills through participation in necessary professional education and training, including a priority on cultural safety;
- Ensure compliance of health professionals with regulatory standards;
- Participate as a leader in organizational and partnered quality improvement initiatives;
- Manage general program responsibilities including budgets, funding report submissions, etc
- Ensure that Anishnaabemowin and cultural safety practices of the organization be carried;
- Minimum of a degree specific to a Registered Nurse and/or relevant Allied Health discipline;
- Current registration and in good standing with appropriate regulatory body;
- Five year’s work experience in a management capacity and specific to community based primary health care - First Nation or indigenous setting preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget management, staff supervision, privacy, incident investigations, occupational health and safety, funding reports, resource allocation, etc;
- Demonstrated experience in successful project management – ie. new initiatives, research, etc;
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment, internally and externally
- Experience in blending western and traditional health practices, preferred;
- Knowledge of Anishnabemowin and the Anishinabek culture, traditions and local communities, an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, and written communication skills within an electronic environment, mandatory;
- Ability to travel, reliable vehicle, a valid class G Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract;
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check, required.
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference, copy of registration,
a current criminal records check, a copy of valid driver’s license and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential”. Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile, or email. Please do not send via Facebook.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2019 at noon
Attn: Human Resources T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre F: (705) 368-2229
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0 W: www.noojmowin-teg.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.