Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian-owned company. With over 100 locations across the country, including home care offices, pharmacies and infusion clinics, Bayshore has more than 13,000 staff members and provides care to over 350,000 clients. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. We have been a recipient of Canada’s Best Managed Companies award since 2006.
It is our mission to deliver passionate and caring service to all Canadians every visit, every time. We are the sum of our people. Join the Bayshore family and help us continue to go above and beyond to deliver a positive experience to the lives of our clients and their families.
The Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), is a valued member of the executive team, providing overall clinical and quality/risk vision and leadership while working collaboratively with interdisciplinary heath care professionals within the organization and across the sector/industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes a vision and champions models of care delivery and clinical practice, consistent with research evidence, professional standards, and the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Leads and actively participates in developing, managing and measuring an overall company clinical and quality/risk strategic plan.
- Promotes system thinking as a value; considers the impact of clinical and quality/risk decisions on the entire organization
- Provides leadership in building loyalty and commitment throughout the organization; synthesize and integrate divergent viewpoints for the good of the organization
- Promotes inter-organizational synergies to optimize client care/service across the continuum of care and across health disciplines.
- Champions interprofessional collaboration amongst nursing, medical, allied health professionals and paraprofessionals to achieve client care outcomes and effective integration of care
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the values, knowledge, contributions, and achievements of nursing/allied health professionals. Represent these professions externally by maintaining membership and active participation in relevant regulatory, industry and professional organizations
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with senior interdisciplinary colleagues within and across organizations, sectors, and regions to collectively advance the clinical and quality/risk governance and leadership agenda
- Fosters opportunities throughout the organization for staff to develop, enhance, and profile their clinical and quality/risk leadership skills and contributions.
- In collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders, develop strategies to promote clinical recruitment, retention and recognition of excellence.
- Monitors, interprets, and reports performance of clinical service delivery against appropriate quality and safety indicators and broader organizational indicators
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to advancing excellence and innovation in nursing, paraprofessional and interdisciplinary practice.
- Provides direct leadership, direction, guidance, support and growth for the clinical practice, clinical informatics and quality/risk team members.
- Maintains awareness of the ever changing health care environment and its potential impact on the organization’s goals, mission, vision, and values
- Creates shared understanding of both current and anticipated demands for clinical and quality/risk program/service performance
- Ensures the effective use of informatics in clinical practice by assessing and evaluating information systems in management and practice settings
- Provides input and assessment of the organization’s quality improvement plan based on clinical sensitive indicators
- Ensures the availability of a well-educated nursing/paraprofessional workforce to meet the needs of an increasingly complex patient population.
- Utilizes, interprets, and disseminates evidence-based practice and outcome measures in the delivery of patient care
- Participates in quality improvement, and risk management functions across the organization to assure the quality of care delivered is appropriate for the patient population.
- Takes an active leadership role in the design, implementation, adoption and sustainability of integrated digital health systems resulting in greater efficiency in the utilization of digital health systems for the delivery of safe, high quality evidence-based care.
- Able to travel up to 30% to support initiatives/needs within and outside of the organization
Education and Experience
- A graduate degree in Nursing, plus Masters in Nursing, Health Administration or Business Administration).
- Certified Health Executive (CHE) designation an asset
- 10 years progressive senior leadership experience with preferably five years in senior director or executive level role
- Advanced experience in the areas of leadership, strategic initiative development, implementation, system planning, change management, financial and information management, and complex project management.
- Currently registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario or province of residence
- Demonstrated leadership ability, collaborator and team-builder
- A visible and compassionate leader who listens, consults, and collaborates and is able to coach others
- Ability to build trusting relationship at all levels of the organization to enable honest discussions and respect for differing points of view.
- Excellent communicator with all stakeholders within and outside the organization and able to articulate and simplify complex matters
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- A demonstrated commitment for professional development and continuing education
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to meet deadlines; demonstrated track record of high productivity, confidence and sound judgment in dealing with clients.