RN's- Rapid Response Team- Peel, Scarborough, York & Durham Region
- Closing t he Gap Healthcare
- Across Scarborough, York , Peel & Durham Region
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Area of Practice
- General Nursing, Palliative Care, Public Health
- Permanent, Contract
Overview of Opportunity to Join a Team Made for Caring
Closing the Gap is assembling a COVID-19 response team comprised of PSW’s, Health Care Aides, Nurses and Therapists to provide compassionate support and resources to Long Term Care and Retirement Homes who are experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak. We are committed to making a difference in the lives of seniors during the COVID-19 crisis in some of the most hard-hit locations and are looking for a skilled team of health care providers to help those who need it most. This opportunity is open to all Registered Nurses who have the availability to work all assigned shifts comprised of evenings, overnights, weekends, days, and holidays for the duration of their six-month contract.
Generous salaried compensation and a contract completion bonus are being offered to recognize that this important work is required to keep our seniors safe. Closing the Gap will ensure that every team member has the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training required to deliver high quality care in a safe manner.
Closing the Gap Healthcare (CTG) is proud to be a Canadian, award-winning, fully accredited and government (Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care) funded organization. We are dedicated to providing people of all ages the highest level of care across a wide range of home-based and clinic healthcare services. Everything we do is based on ethical principles and compassion, together with our commitment to meet the highest practice standards. We are, in every way, A Team Made for Caring™. Our team of healthcare professionals delivers care to thousands of clients each day enabling people to close the gap between their healthcare needs and overall well-being, caring the way we care for our own loved ones.
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduated from a recognized accredited School of Nursing and have a current, general class (practicing) RN Registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current CPR or BLS certification;
- Demonstrated experience in nursing competencies as per College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to travel across GTA to various locations throughout the six-month contract. CTG will attempt to assign RN’s to locations that are geographically close to their homes when, and where possible;
- Prior experience working in a Long-Term Care/Retirement home setting would be beneficial however not required;
- Demonstrated excellence in assessment and direct patient care;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Specialty nursing experience (palliative care, oncology, geriatrics) would be an asset.
Your Role will Require:
- Utilizing the nursing process effectively in order to provide high quality nursing care for patients and documenting and reporting patient information according to policy and established protocols;
- Accessing available resources for problem solving. Engaging and interacting directly with patient/families to ensure participation in decision-making;
- Proactively communicating needs and/or problems concerning assigned patient to supervisor/manager;
- Providing consultation to other RN colleagues, RPNs and other health care providers in situations that are beyond their scope of practice;
- Assigning (as required) tasks to PSW’s and HCA’s to ensure patients receive care and support needed;
- Physical lifting abilities;
Compensation & Bonus:
- Weekly salary of $1,650.00 based on work week of 37.5 hours;
- Additional $2.00/hour shift premium for evening/overnight/weekend shifts (in addition to set weekly salary above);
- Any additional hours paid at $44.00 per hour. (Overtime premiums as applicable with CTG’s two-week averaging agreement);
- Paid at 1.5 times daily rate for any statutory holidays required to work (in accordance with Employment Standards Act);
- Fixed travel and mobile device stipend of $50.00/week to assist with any applicable costs.
- A contract completion bonus at end of six-month contract. To be eligible you must complete all shifts for which you are scheduled for a 6-month period.
Training & Development Opportunities:
- When not deployed, you can take advantage of one of the education sessions being offered by Closing the Gap’s Clinical Educator.
- Opportunity for permanent employment with CTG upon completion of your six-month COVID-19 response team contract in various locations throughout the GTA and province.
- Positive and collaborative team culture with 24/7 professional support available.
We are excited you are considering applying to become a valued member of our “Team Made for Caring” CTG Rapid Response Team.
This position is open to individuals who are eligible to work in Canada, who meet all the essential requirements stated above. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process as required under the CTG Accessibility policy.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in this job description, we invite you to email us at; firstname.lastname@example.org
More search results
Registered Nurse - MHEART
CMHA, Lambton Kent
Assistant Director of Nursing - Infection Control…
Copy of Coordinator/Manager, Medicine Services - …
St. Joseph's Health Care, London
Copy of RN & RPN – COVID-19 Recovery Hotel Program
Inner City Health Associates
Registered Practical Nurse