- County of Bruce
- Wiarton, ON
- Wage Range: $115,133 - $135,444 (2021 Rates)
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Long Term Care / Nursing Home
- Ontario, Wiarton, ON
- Area of Practice
- Geriatric Care, Management / Director / Executive, Palliative Care
The Corporation of the County of Bruce
Director of Nursing, Gateway Haven Long Term Care
"Bold and beautiful Bruce County... a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation."
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Director of Nursing is responsible for directing and maintaining the highest standard in delivering excellent resident-focused care as required by the Ministry of Long-Term Care. The incumbent’s responsibilities include effective leadership, management, and evaluation of the nursing program to ensure the efficient utilization of human, physical and financial resources. The incumbent will ensure that continuous quality improvement outcomes approved for the facility are met or exceeded, and demonstrate dedication to professional values and the mission, vision, and values of long-term care.
Knowledge and Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with studies in Geriatrics and/or Nursing Administration
· Current Certificate of Competence in good standing as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· 5 years of previous experience as a registered nurse
· 3 years of previous experience in a supervisory role in geriatric, rehabilitation, or long-term care facilities
· Certificate in leadership preferred
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain lasting working relationships
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Demonstrated time management skills
· Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
· Experience with budget preparation and management
· Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
· Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
· Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
· Ability to manage files from start to finish
· Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret goals, objectives, and policies
Interested applicants should review the entire job posting, and then apply online, following the outlined process at www.brucecounty.on.ca/employment . Applications are being accepted until January 3, 2020.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M.56.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Workplace Engagement if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.