Copernicus Lodge is a not-for-profit, charitable and ethno-specific organization made possible through the efforts of the Polish Canadian community and the vision of Father Michael Smith, OMI. Located in the heart of the Roncesvalles community in the heart of west–end Toronto, we provide a continuum of care in a predominantly Polish, Roman Catholic environment to meet the changing needs of our seniors. The Lodge is comprised of an Adult Day Program, 200 independent, affordable self-care apartments with a Supportive Housing program, and a 228 bed Long Term Care home.
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative individuals to join our organization in the role of Assistant Director of Care - Evenings/Nights. Reporting directly to Director of Care (DOC), the ADOC assesses and maintains the optimal nutritional status of the residents living within Copernicus Lodge according to the established policies and procedures of the Dietary Services Department.
This role is responsible for assisting the DOC in the operation of the nursing department during the evening and weekend shifts including: ongoing assessments, monitoring and managing all clinical aspects of nursing care, auditing, assisting in the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and continued evaluation of departmental policies and procedures and human resource management, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements, general oversight and management of nursing staff and act as manager of the building during their shift. The ADOC assists in the training and evaluation of nursing staff and promotes health and safety of work practices. This position will work collaboratively with the existing ADOC, with Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses and PSW staff reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Care in the absence of the DOC.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Planning, implementing and evaluating resident care;
- Liaising with Families/Next of Kin/POAs;
- In-House Committees;
- Staff Education;
- Nursing Information System;
- Occupational Health and Safety;
- Human Resource Management;
- Infection Control;
- Skin and Wound Care Program Lead;
- Auditing nursing practice;
- Provide leadership for nursing and personal care through effective management of Nursing Services;
- Supervise interdisciplinary evening staff;
- Ensure adherence to all respective legislation and applicable regulations including the Resident's Bill of Rights, the standards set by the College of Nurses of Ontario, and Copernicus Lodge’s mission statement and policies;
- Must possess knowledge of the LTCHA and its Regulations;
- Current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- CPR Certified
- Current membership with Gerontological Nursing Association (GNA) and Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO) is desirable
- Post - RN education, certification or degree in nursing administration and management, preference is BScN and/or business degree in health management, particularly long-term care, and further education in gerontology, geriatrics or rehabilitation
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a long-term care facility including infection control, head nurse in chronic care or senior management in a health community agency.
- Fluent in English, and cultural sensitivity and ability to speak Polish would be an asset
- Good management and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment<
- Able to motivate staff
- Extensive knowledge of Infection Control Practices
- Ability to work flexible hours dependent upon demands i.e. classification / compliance review times
- Required to work weekends and share a rotational weekend on-duty schedule
- Knowledge of computerized electronic health record (PCC) essential
More search results
Clinical Manager – Enhanced Shelter Support Progr…
Inner City Health Associates
Osler Virtual Nursing Career Fair
William Osler Health Systems
Registered Practical Nurse ( 2 positions); Nurse…
Centre de sante communautaire Hamilton Niagara
Joseph Brant Hospital
Professional Practice Lead