Clinic Leader (Registered Nurse)
- Fresenius Medical Care Canada
- Registered Nurse
- Work Setting
- Area of Practice
- Clinical Care, Nephrology
Clinic Leader (Registered Nurse)
Fresenius Medical Care Canada / Ottawa Carleton Dialysis Clinic
You became a nurse to care for those in need. Your knowledge, skills, and heart have allowed you to thrive in this career.
Now, you’re in search of a new opportunity: a leadership role, in a stable clinic environment, where you will be empowered to bring out the best in your staff, so they can deliver the best patient care.
If you have experience working in a hemodialysis unit or nephrology program, and this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, then we want to meet you!
Who are we?
We’re Fresenius Medical Care Canada: the world's largest integrated provider of dialysis products and services. We provide a complete solution for patients with chronic kidney failure and their caregivers: from complete therapy options at our clinics to groundbreaking research, development and manufacturing of dialysis equipment.
The Ottawa Carleton Dialysis Clinic is just one of Fresenius’ clinics. We are a 15-station community hemodialysis unit, who have been providing quality care to hemodialysis patients in the Ottawa area for the past 22 years.
Now, we are seeking an experienced, dynamic, and energetic Registered Nurse to join us as our Clinic Leader.
In this role, you will report to and work closely with the Clinic Manager to facilitate collaborative care for patients, maintain best practices, and oversee a healthy working environment for all clinic staff. You will have a team of 21 (full-time, part-time, and casual) clinic nurses, reporting directly to you.
Here’s some of the things you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring quality patient care through implementation of policies and procedures including patient care plans, medical records, quality assurance, administrative clinical review, as well as dietary and social services
- Personnel activities, such as: new staff interviewing, staff assignments and patient scheduling, staff meetings
- Supervising staff to ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- Overseeing staff orientation and the clinic’s education program for staff and patients
- Establishing and maintaining a quality management program in collaboration with the Medical Director/Quality Advisor and the Clinics Manager
- Assisting in the preparation of all internal and external reports from OCDC (Ottawa Carleton Dialysis Services) EODS (Eastern Ontario Dialysis Services) as required by facility management and/or Federal/Provincial/Local Agencies
- Assisting in the preparation of detailed operating budget projections
- Monitoring costs in all areas, e.g. medical supplies, inventory, and personnel
- Conducting and documenting yearly staff performance appraisals for direct reports, and ensuring staff performance levels are meeting current standards of nursing practice
- Resolving disputes within the clinic, in collaboration with the Medical Director & Clinics Manager
- Supporting clinical research activity by staff and research/evaluation activity within the company
- Maintaining contact and communication with other hemodialysis unit managers at neighboring hospital units
You’ll know you’ve succeeded in this role when your clinic is running like a well-oiled machine, your staff are educated and following all policies and procedures, and above all, your patients are having good clinical outcomes.
In addition to being easily approachable and having excellent communication skills, the most important thing you’ll bring to this role is a genuine passion for working with both staff and patients. You’ll take a hands-on, education-focused leadership approach and will enjoy being closely involved in the day-to-day clinic operations. Your ability to manage, motivate, and inspire your team will be essential.
Working with Fresenius Medical Care Canada
This is a full-time, permanent position with a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits and retirement plan. Typical work hours are 7 am – 3 pm, Monday to Friday. Our clinic is located near the intersection of Baseline Rd. and Fisher Ave. and offers free onsite parking.
Working with us means being part of an incredible team that is united in creating a bright future for patients worldwide. We are passionate about what we do, value our employees greatly, and demonstrate deep respect and care. We have many employees who have been with us for 10+, 20+, even 30 years – and we think that says a lot!
Here’s what we need:
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- 2+ years of nephrology experience is essential– preferably in hemodialysis
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage other staff
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft office and experience with computer documentation programs.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and conflict management skills
- Experience in a management or supervisory role
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Current CPR certification
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (or equivalent)
- CNeph(C) certification
- Bilingual (English/French)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.