Associate Dean, Nursing
- Sheridan College
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Registered Nurse, Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Brampton, ON
- Area of Practice
- Administration / Office, Education
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
The Faculty of Applied Health and Community Studies prepares learners to advance and safeguard the health and wellbeing of Ontarians. The School of Nursing is one of five Schools within the Faculty; its mandate is to prepare practical nursing students to serve patients in a variety of healthcare settings. The School also prepares students and graduates to continue their professional development through further education.
For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
What You’ll Be Doing
Sheridan is seeking candidates for the inaugural role of Associate Dean, Nursing. The successful candidate will play an essential role in attracting and developing talent, creating an inclusive and equitable work environment, and supporting the Faculty’s commitment to quality teaching, professional development, and currency in their discipline. Further, the Associate Dean will contribute to building a solid identity, positive reputation and a clear sense of direction for the School.
With a leadership approach that is inspiring, inclusive, responsive, collaborative, creative, and nimble, the new Associate Dean will cultivate a workplace of inclusivity and diversity that delivers outstanding course curriculum and delivery.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating a sense of shared responsibility among faculty and staff for the strategic development and management of enrolment plans, program budgets and effective and efficient allocation of work and resources to address both immediate operational requirements and longer-term program and institutional priorities;
- Providing leadership in ensuring a high quality of teaching and faculty commitment to professional development and currency in their discipline, profession and industry;
- Leading strategic development and management of budgets including an efficient allocation of fiscal and physical resources to services;
- Engaging with other senior leaders within and beyond the Faculty to advance the College’s academic planning priorities, including the development of new program offerings within the nursing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for education, a Ph.D. in Nursing, or Nursing-related field, and a proven track record of leadership experience within a post-secondary institution.
Hiring Range: $122,995 – $130,682
Salary Range: $122,995 – $153,744
Reference #: 20/A/59
Application Details: Position reposted with change to qualifications
Application Deadline: December 18, 2020
Sheridan is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups. Persons with a disability may contact the Human Resources department to request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
Consideration of candidates will begin early January 2021. The projected start for this position is Winter 2021.