Administrator Position (Long Term Care Home) - Looking for an experienced RN
- Eden House Care Facility
- 5016 Wellington Rd. 29, Guelph, ON N1H 6H8
- Registered Nurse, Other - Discipline
- Work Setting
- Retirement Facility
- Area of Practice
- Administration / Office, Geriatric Care, Management / Director / Executive
Eden House Care Facility is looking for its next leader. Together with the management consultant, the Administrator manages and directs the operation of Eden House in accordance with legislative requirements and directives from the Ministry of Long-Term Care and public health units.
The Administrator manages human, financial and physical resources for all departments and provides leadership in the development and implementation of policies and training to ensure safe, quality and resident-centered care.
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or a post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in duration
- Experience in the health care sector as a registered nurse or other healthcare professional would be considered an asset.
- At least three years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector, or in another managerial or supervisory capacity, provided the candidate has completed the course described below
- Enrollment or completion of a program in long-term care home administration or management with a minimum 100 hours in instruction time
- Empathy and a strong ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with residents, families and staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Problem solving and conflict management skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages facility in accordance with legislative requirements.
2. Provides leadership in the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures for the various departments of the home to ensure a high level of medical, physical and emotional care for residents and an effective operating environment for employees.
3. Provides leadership in the achievement of the home's MISSION in providing care to residents. Assumes ultimate responsibility for providing and monitoring the level of care of residents.
4. Selects, develops and motivates management and office staff; monitors performance to assure a high level of productivity and the best use of current capabilities; as well as to provide for the home's future management needs.
5. Directs the budgeting process and manages the operation of the facility within budget. Oversees the accounting operations for the facility. Makes recommendations to Assured Care Consulting for additional equipment or other capital expenditures outside of the budget and, on approval, arranges for purchase.
6. Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of residents, personnel, and the operations to provide regular reports on financial, personnel and medical information as required by legislation and corporate office.
7. Monitors all employee accident claims and implements modified work program as applicable.
8. Prepares facility for accreditation process and ensures completion of accreditation questionnaire.
9. Liaison with residents, families, and the community to maintain a good public image for the facility; with the Ministry of Health and professional associations to keep abreast of current industry trends and standards.
10. Oversees employee relations for personnel. Handles all labour grievances on advice from Assured Care Consulting.
11. Liaison and consults with inspectors and professionals in relation to the home’s operation.
12. Liaison with the Medical Advisor to ensure the co-operation, participation, and attendance of physicians.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by Assured Care Consulting.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter – Resume - The names and contact information of two references
Please e-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and address applications to: Assured Care Consulting
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS DECEMBER 22, 2020